(19) The Voices Begin

"One of them ate the liver?" Scott asked as the now duo walked onto the school grounds.

"No, I didn't say they ate it. I just said it was missing." Stiles corrected him. "And you know what, even if one of them did, so what? It's the most nutritious part of the body."

"I never ate anyone's liver." Scott said.

"Yeah, right, cause when it comes to werewolves, you're a real model of self control." Stiles commented. "Actually, wait. Hold on. You're the test case for this, so we should be going over what happened to you."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"I mean, like what was going through your mind when you were turning, you know? What were you drawn to?" Stiles asked.

"Allison." Scott hesitated.

"Okay, nothing else? Seriously?" Stiles asked.

"Nothing else mattered." Scott told him. "But, no, that's good, though, right? Cause the night Allie and Lydia were bit, they were with you."

"Yeah, but Lydia was looking for Jackson, and Allie was looking for Lydia." Stiles sighed.

"Well, Alex always worries about everyone else, so you know, she could still be drawn to you, right?" Scott said.

"I don't know." Stiles stated as the bell rang.

§{~}§

"Let's go! I have an announcement. Gather round." Coach said in the boys locker room before practice. "Quicker! Danny, put a shirt on. Stilinski, that means you! Let's go. Gather round. Listen up."

All the players on the team were gathered around coach now.

"Police are asking for help on a missing child advisory." Coach said. "It's two sick girls, roaming around, one totally naked."

At that last statement some players laughed and some whistled.

"Now it's supposed to get below 40 degrees tonight. I don't know about you, but the last time it was that cold, and I was running around naked, I lost a testicle to exposure." Coach told the team.

"Now I don't want the same thing happening to some innocent girls. So police are organising search parties for tonight. Sign up, find the missing girl, you get an automatic A in my classes." Coach said holding up a pen as the team cheered.

"If Alex and Lydia wants to take a naked hike in the woods, why should I care?" Jackson asked.

"First of all, only Lydia is naked." Stiles told him, but before he could continue with a sarcastic remark Scott spoke.

"Because we have a good idea that they might be..." Scott said and lowered his voice for the last part. "-you know, turning."

"Turning?" Jackson said like he didn't know what they meant.

"Yeah. Turning." Scott said.

"Into..." Jackson dragged it further.

"A unicorn. What do you think, dumbass?" Stiles remarked.

"Well, I think that if Lydia's turning, she's not the one that's gonna need help." Jackson said.

"What do you mean?" Scott askedZ

"Oh, god, you've got it all backwards, McCall. When I was with Lydia, you should have seen the scratch marks she left on me." Jackson smiled. "What do you think she's gonna do with a set of real claws? Heh."

Jackson grinned and exhaled at the 'heh' before pushing past the boys who had unreadable expressions on.

§{~}§