14

Chapter 14

***

As the car slowly stopped in front of the villa, its rumble was heard by Chu Wu, who was in the living room. Excited, Chu Wu ran outside and pawed at the glass window of the passenger door.

Shen Xi had no choice but to knock on the window, before gently opening the car door a crack to show Chu Wu that she was going to get out of the car. She was afraid of knocking onto Chu Wu if she opened the door all the way.

Chu Wu was very clever. As soon as the passenger door opened, Chu Wu moved back, his tail still wagging. When Shen Xi got out of the car, he jumped towards her. She Xi rubbed Chu Wu all over before turning towards Su Hang, who had walked towards her side. "He seems to like me."

Su Hang looked at Chu Wu, who was drilling his head into Shen Xi's arms. His mouth subconsciously pursed. Su Hang bent down and pulled at Chu Wu's collar to drag him out of Shen Xi's arms.

"Take it easy." Shen Xi couldn't help but say when she saw Su Hang drag Chu Wu a little roughly.

"..." Su Hang looked down at the silly dog happily panting with his tongue out. Suddenly, Su Hang felt a little regretful that he hadn't sent Chu Wu away. The two entered the house and walked to the living room.

Hearing noises outside, Mrs. Zhang came out of the kitchen. She was very pleased to see Shen Xi and Su Hang come back home together. It turns out that the wife went out to pick up the husband. This morning someone gave the Madam a gift from Sir, and later the Madam ran over to pick up Sir from work. How kind. It seems that Sir will be moving out of the guest room soon. Mrs. Zhang smiled. "Madam and Sir came back early today, so I'll go prepare dinner early." After saying this, she hurried back to the kitchen.

After Mrs. Zhang left, Shen Xi said: "Continue to play with Chu Wu, I'm just going to change my clothes."

Su Hang nodded. As Shen Xi walked upstairs, Su Hang immediately locked Chu Wu in his kennel.

"Arf, arf, arf..." Chu Wu looked at his father, hurt. How come his father immediately locked his baby up when he came back?

"Silly dog!" Su Hang coldly turned away and left.

Chu Wu walked two laps around the kennel and found that his father wasn't going to play with him today. After grumbling a bit, he lay down on the ground.

During the spring and autumn months, Shen Xi liked to wear loose and comfortable sweaters, especially at home. Casual pants and light-colored sweaters were almost always her preferred choice. After Shen Xi changed her clothes, she noticed the Q&H jewelry box on the dresser. After thinking for a moment, she reached for the box and walked downstairs.

Su Hang changed his clothes and had just come out of the guest room when he saw Shen Xi coming back down. He saw what Shen Xi was wearing and lifted a hand to touch his own sweater. It was the same color as hers. His heart started to thump happily.

Shen Xi didn't respond to her and Su Hang's accidental 'matching clothes'. Clutching the jewelry box, she went to the sofa and sat down. "Li QingYuan came looking for you this morning."

Su Hang frowned. This morning? Li QingYuan should've known that he would be in the company. Why would he come to the villa?

"Did he say anything?" Su Hang carefully asked.

Shen Xi looked at the calm Su Hang and gently put the jewelry box on the coffee table, pushing it towards Su Hang's direction.

"..." Su Hang looked at the familiar logo printed on the box and his jaw collapsed.