28

Chapter 28

***

December 23, Friday.

A car was steadily driving on the highway towards the airport. Inside, Shen Xi asked the person next to her uncertainly: "Do you really want to go?"

"Un." This was the third time Shen Xi had asked him. Su Hang, as always, nodded in reply.

"Why did you suddenly decide to come?" This was also a question Shen Xi had asked before, but Su Hang, this outwardly cold but deep and passionate man, refused to answer her.

"I just had some free time." Su Hang ambiguously replied.

"That's not the point." Shen Xi glanced at the man's hands on the steering wheel. His knuckles were visibly tense and white, but his face was expressionless as usual.

"...." Su Hang didn't know how to answer her, so he played dead.

The more Su Hang thought about it, the more aggrieved he felt. The car exited the highway into the airport, then stopped for a red light. Su Hang stepped on the brake, steadily stopping the vehicle, then asked: "Am I not allowed to go?"

His voice seemed no different from his usual tone, but Shen Xi could hear the grief in it. It made her feel like she was bullying an honest person. Ahhh, whatever!

"Forget it. If you want to go, then you can go." Shen Xi said, defeated.

Su Hang secretly glanced at Shen Xi, a smile in the corner of his mouth. The traffic lights turned green, and Su Hang pressed on the throttle to enter the airport parking lot.

When Su Hang went into the trunk and took out only a backpack after Shen Xi's luggage, she couldn't help but raise a brow. "That's all you have?"

Su Hang's hand paused, but quickly resumed its movements. He calmly locked the car and started dragging Shen Xi's luggage past her. He intended to use his ultimate skill: act dumb.

So childish!

"Have you bought your ticket?" Shen Xi asked the ridiculous man.

"Yes." Su Hang replied.

He already bought his plane ticket, and he also sent his luggage ahead.

"Are you on the same flight as me?" After some thought, Shen Xi asked.

"Hm." Buying a ticket beforehand means that this is premeditated, premeditated, ah. He must've felt so guilty when he confirmed his purchase.

"Pfft..." Shen Xi finally couldn't contain her laughter. She didn't continue to question Su Hang again, and instead, she stepped forward and said: "Come on, Yun Shu and Shang HeXu must be here already."

With a sigh of relief, Su Hang quickened his steps and caught up to Shen Xi. The two went up the escalator side by side.

At the airport gate.

Yun Shu looked at her cell phone and said: "Xiao Xi messaged me, saying that she's arrived. She should be here soon."

"Un." A casually dressed Shang HeXu nodded and looked towards the escalators.

"Xiao Xi also said that Su Hang was coming with her." Yun Shu carefully observed Shang HeXu's expression as she said this.

"Oh, really?" Shang HeXu was obviously stunned, but quickly tried to act casual/

"Probably because its Christmas." Yun Shu explained. "After all, this is their first holiday after their marriage. Su Hang will want to be with Xiao Xi."