29

Chapter 29

***

The room's heating was already on. Shen Xi took off her coat and turned around, only to see Su Hang standing at the door, staring at the double bed. Shen Xi didn't need to think much to figure out what was going on in the man's brain.

"You sleep here. After we have dinner, I'll go to Yun Shu's room and sleep with her there." Shen Xi said out loud. She took her luggage from Su Hang and opened it to take out a thick shawl. She placed it on her shoulders, intending to wear it for dinner.

Su Hang was stunned and failed to answer. It was only when Shen Xi was about to walk out of the room that he acted.

"No!" Su Hang managed to let out, grabbing Shen Xi's hand.

"What 'no'?" Shen Xi was confused.

"Don't....don't go to Yun Shu's room to sleep." If you do this, Shang HeXu will find out that...Su Hang couldn't help but hold Shen Xi a little tighter.

"Then...what do you propose we do?" Shen Xi turned towards Su Hang and waited. It seems that ever since this morning, Su Hang had suddenly decided to be more proactive.

Truthfully, Su Hang could be quite eloquent when he wanted to. After all, when Su Hang graduated university as the representative, he was able to make a speech in front of everyone. At his company's various shareholder meetings, Su Hang was able to persuade the shareholders with his words. It was just that whenever he was talking to Shen Xi...he would somehow lose the ability to form words.

"We're husband and wife. Shouldn't we stay together?" This was the answer Su Hang managed to choke out after a long silence.

So we're required to share a room? If this was something Su Hang had said before that night of the charity ball, Shen Xi would've agreed. But now, Shen Xi, who was still sulking, wanted Su Hang to personally admit that the girl he had been secretly in love with was her.

"We can't?" Seeing that Shen Xi hadn't spoken, Su Hang thought that she was unwilling. His eyes gradually dimmed, and his heart shriveled. Sure enough, it seems that the tenderness he had felt with Shen Xi recently was just his own delusions?

Seeing the man's grief-stricken expression, Shen Xi angrily shook off the Su Hang's hand and stamped her feet. "You infuriate me!"

Su Hang's heart jumped.

"You're sleeping on the sofa." Shen Xi said this, then stomped off. She was afraid that if she stayed any longer, she wouldn't be able to stop herself from knocking Su Hang on the head.

Sleeping on the sofa? Is that a yes? For some reason, Su Hang found this scene familiar. After thinking about it, he took out his cell phone and found the message Li QingYuan had sent him this morning. He carefully read through it again:

(Brother, let me tell you: As long as sister-in-law doesn't cry or say no, 80% of the time, she means yes. If she doesn't speak up, it's because she's too shy. She's probably waiting for you to take the initiative, ah. You must not withdraw!)

Su Hang raised his head, an incredulous smile on his face. "So Shen Xi was quiet, not because she was unhappy, but because she was shy?"

What an incredibly cute shy expression she has! (Maybe I was just a bit too tactless? Maybe I don't need to sleep on the sofa?)

Dinner was a simple affair. Everyone was also tired and jet-lagged, so after dinner, they all headed back into their rooms. Shang HeXu looked at Shen Xi and Su Hang as they left together. Although he had already known the outcome, seeing them go into the same room still made him feel sad.