Chapter Ninety

Somewhere over California

Catherine leaned her head back, breathing deeply through her nose. Her whole stomach was searing in pain from the small altercation at the Hydra base. She knew she wasn't in the best shape to be fighting anyone, but she wanted to find the Power Broker. She could feel her stomach churning from the pain and she flew up out of her seat, heading for the bathroom. The last thing she wanted to do was get sick all over the quinjet that she was technically borrowing.

"Catherine?" Bucky called out as she ran past him.

She fell to her knees in front of the toilet, the protein bar she just ate coming up. She gripped her stomach tightly from the pain and sat down, trying to catch her breath. Bucky opened the door holding a bottle of water and a pill bottle. He sat down next to her and handed her the water while taking two pain pills out.

"Thank you." Catherine muttered as she attempted to drink the water.

"You okay?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah. The fight was a little much for me." She admitted.

Bucky gently bumped his shoulder with her's. "I thought you did pretty good."

Catherine chuckled and leaned her head against his chest. Bucky wrapped his arm around tightly, knowing that she just wanted a small amount of comfort. "Thank you."

"You already said that." He whispered.

"I know, but I wanted to say it again." She told him. She turned her head slightly, wanting to look up at her husband. Her eyes traced over his blue eyes, the lines beginning to form on his forehead, the slight stubble along his jaw. She couldn't help but wonder how she got so damn lucky.

"Looking for something?" His voice was soft.

She shook her head, bringing her hand up to touch his cheek. "No. I have everything I need right here."

He shot her his charming smile that could make her knees weak. His hands wrapped around her waist and she moved to straddle him on the floor. His movements were gentle since he didn't want to hurt her further. Catherine leaned down, tentatively kissing him. Bucky reached up, his hand tangling with her hair. He wanted her closer to him. She moved her lips along his neck earning a small moan. Her hands reached up to unbuckle the snap on his jacket and then started to pull the zipper down.

There was a knock at the door and they both stopped. "Hey. What the hell are you two doing in there?"

Catherine groaned and rested her head against Bucky's shoulder. "I was throwing up Sam!"

"I hate him." Bucky said as the two of them stood up.

"No you don't." She told him while she fixed his jacket.

"You two weren't about to join the mile high club, were you?" Sam asked with a smirk as they emerged from the bathroom.

"Sam!" Catherine yelled at him as she took her seat back in the pilots' seat.

Bucky looked at Sam mischievously. "As a matter of fact, we were."

"James Buchanan Barnes!" She groaned and buried her head into her hands. "I've got to get better co workers."

"Mmm, I love it when she yells my name." Bucky teased.

Catherine grabbed her knife out of her pocket and launched it at him. It narrowly missed his head, landing behind him. "Damn. I missed."

"Alright. Cat, would you mind sharing where we're going?" Sam asked as he sat across from her.

"Venice, California. I got permission to land at the military airport in Los Angeles. We'll drive from there." She explained. "There's a former Hydra member there. Artem Belov. He's goes by Artie Belsky now. He was essentially Karpov' as bitch."