How could you?

Millie's pov:-

After the Jimmy Fallon interview, things between y/n and me had been quite tense. We weren't so open with each other anymore. She wasn't being free with me. And I hated it. Its like I could not function properly without her.

Y/n had been putting off the talk for a week straight. Today I'll get to know if I'll be casted in the movie and unfortunately enough my chances looked pretty high. Did I really think that getting casted in a movie would be bad, just because of y/n? I don't know what is going to happen. But I wish the best.

I suddenly heard footsteps running towards me.

"Honeyyy", I heard y/n shout to me. She sounded excited. Wow, even her voice lifted my spirits.

"Whats up, babe?", I said as she finally reached the room and jumped into my arms.

"Millie millie millie millie MILLIEE", she said, holding my face with both of her hands.

"y/n! Spillll", I said, impatient to know her big news.

"I just got an email from Harry Styles, saying he wanted to collab with me!!", she said to me.

"that's great news, y/n!! I've met him before, he's a great man.", I said, happy for her.

"I know, right.", she said, pressing her lips to mine. I pecked her back on the lips.

"but, love.", I said, starting to worry about her reaction to what I was just about to say.

"yes?"

"that means you'll have to stay here, right?", I said, slowly.

"...yes.", she said, understanding the problem we had.

"so, what now?", I said.

"did you get casted?", she asked.

"I don't know yet, but I will, soon enough.", I said, fidgeting with my phone.

She got off me, the joyful mood, gone once again.

Just before I could say anything, my phone dinged with a notification and I picked it up. Y/n watched with bated breath.

"The casting chart is out.", I said, clicking on the attachment.

"and...?", she asked.

My eyes roamed the chart until, finally, falling on my name. I got casted. Just when I wished I wouldn't be.

"I ... I got casted.", I said to y/n.

"oh.", she said and there was a long awkward silence.

"where do you need to go?", she asked me.

"this will be an action movie, so I might have to move to a lot of places", I said to her.

"and for how long?", she asked.

"don't know. But things like these require more editing, hence more time needed for shooting. Probably two years, tops....", I said, looking down.

"then what do we do?", y/n said.

"aren't you happy for me?", I asked her, as her tone hit me like a pang in my heart.

"no, I am. Congratulations, Millie. But if we want to make this work, one of us has to drop an opportunity.", she said to me.

"I will do anything y/n. Anything to make this work.", I said, taking her hands.

"But then, either I'll have to give up my big break, or you'll lose an opportunity to show your talents.", she said.