babydoll

It was quickly realized that Remus and I had that 'can't take us anywhere' sort of dynamic, in which even the smallest act (unpacking, for instance) could be incredibly fun and incredibly unpredictable

"When have you ever worn that," he had said with a laugh, after I pulled out a flowy and floral shirt.

"I've worn it," I stated defensively.

"Well please don't wear it again."

"Hey! That's mean," I cried, though so couldn't help but laugh as I held up the blouse.

"It is a little ugly, isn't it?" I asked. He nodded eagerly.

"I bet I could pull it off, though," he shrugged with a mock air of cockiness.

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow and grinned. "Let's see it then."

I tossed the shirt over our open suitcases to him and it hit him on the chest and fell into his lap. His gaze dropped to the piece of clothing and then lifted back to my face.

"Seriously?"

"Go on, bitch baby," I grinned.

"Alright, but don't look," he teased. I giggled and used both hands to cover my eyes.

"Oh, I stand corrected," his voice said after a moment. "It's proper flattering."

I moved one finger to peek at him before dropping my hands over my mouth to muffle my laugh.

The shirt was little more than a crop top on him. It's flowy material less than loose on his torso. But, the white material did make him appear extremely tan, despite it being the middle of winter. And the sleeveless straps left him exposed, his subtly athletic muscles running through his arms.

"The little roses are a nice touch," I mustered.

"Oh you like it, don't you?" He laughed, his eyes locking on mine.

I shook my head with a smile.

"Yeah, you think I look rather fit."

I shook my head again, though this time it was less convincing. He pushed aside the suitcases between us and moved towards me with a slow, mischievous smile.

"You just can't stand how sexy I am, can you?"

"You're literally in a tank top," I stated, though I think I was more reminding myself than him.

He inched closer. And, almost as if there was a pole between us, I felt myself leaning back until my head was resting on his carpet. His face hovered above mine, still with that smile.

"Yeah," he said, his voice low and dangerous. He moved his head down so that his lips were right by my right ear. "So imagine the effect I'll have on you without it."

Well fuck.

"Remus! Supper!"

He tore away, leaving me staring at his ceiling. My heart pounded in my ears. My brain felt empty and oxygen deprived.