(14)

They ambled towards the door of the daycare centre that appeared more like a hospital with little creativity, the winds blew past Shagufta as she stared at the back of Haider, her mind filled with conflicting thoughts whilst she remained enchanted with his beauty and wisdom. Haider was clad in brown plaid pants and a collar linen white shirt that seemed to go with his aura; raw and vital. If Shahufta wanted, she could hide behind him and no one would catch her. No, she wasn't skinny like other girls instead Haider was over. . uh. . athletic.

Then suddenly Haider stopped causing Shagufta, who was in deep thinking, to slam against his back, mostly her nose being wounded. She let out a yelp and stepped back rubbing the tip of her red nose and glared at Haider who spared a glimpse at her turning his head back through his shoulder. Haider shook his head with a small smirk playing on his lips and continued to talk to an employee of the child care centre.

Shagufta aimlessly stood Haider as he talked to an employee who seemed much in shock; wasn't he expecting Haider to come?

"Come Shagufta."

Haider's voice broke through the bubble she was inside. Startled, she blinked and saw that Haider was gazing at her intensely causing her cheeks to darken in embarrassment. She stepped beside him, that's where she belonged and they both entered the door of the building.

The first thing her eyes caught was a reception, beside which a hallway leading to the playroom and all, then her ears were filled with voices of children; cries and laughter. The beauteous thing about the inside layout was the creativity, the beige floors were painted with green grass and the walls with trees wallpaper, the ceiling was plastered with candies and somehow everything managed to look adorable. Shagufta grinned, her eyes taking in every nook and corner.

Haider walked to the reception but stopped when he realised that Shagufta wasn't walking beside him, turning his head back he saw that she was mesmerised by the beauty. He smiled with his heartwarming up with an incognito emotion burning within. "Shagufta." He called out, his hand itching to hold her hand and pull her towards him and then engulf her into a hug yet at that moment, Shahan's word echoed in his mind.

Shagufta snapped out of her daze and raised her brows at him. "It will take me fifteen minutes, if you want you can take a tour."

Shagufta nodded humming in response and simply made her way to the hallway with the same wallpaper leading to the cries and laughter of small children. Her footsteps stopped in front of the door that was painted with orange, the knob made in a flower shape. A sudden gush of emotions caused her eyes to water; in joy.

She pushed open the door and her eyes witnessed euphoria. How certainly glamorous a thing be that can bring tears? For Shagufta, it was small things; small joys. Her heart lightened after a long time like someone poured sprinkles over it causing her grin to reach her eyes. She has been depressed for a long time that after seeing small happiness her eyes filled with tears threatening to spill out.

The room was painted with blue colour, white clouds plastered on places, then there were cribs. Baby cribs. Most of them having small babies in them, some were sleeping, some were playing, giggling over the toys around them inside. The two nurserymaids were a handful with newborns giving them their milk through the bottle in their hand. Carpets laid on the ground and two babies not more than eight months sat on it mumbling gibberish.

One of the childcarers noticed her and neared her. "Who are you?"

Shagufta hastily wiped her tears. "Oh, I am Shagufta. I was taking a tour, can I stay for a while if you don't mind?" She hesitated. The nurse smiled warmly at her cooing the baby and nodded. "Of course,"