forty-seven

"Well, this place is a bit less of a shithole than you described it as," Kasia mused as she strolled down the ramp, squinting against the sun while she surveyed the dusty planet

Indeed, although it may not have been comparable to either Sorgan or Eulentia in beauty, there was a certain charm about the place, the gold of the sandy dunes reflecting the sun in a glittering light. At the very least, it certainly beat Tatooine in aesthetics.

Din merely rolled his eyes at her beneath the helmet, pausing only to flick her forehead before stalking ahead of her, the child and Cara close on his heels.

At the flick, Kasia gasped dramatically, looking around for a weapon before ultimately grabbing a small pebble from the ground and flinging it at the back of the Mandalorian's head. It hit his helmet and fell to the ground with a small clank. Din didn't even bother turning around.

Well, you two seem awfully familiar, Cara suddenly teased Kasia silently, and Kasia turned to find the woman staring at her with a smug smirk. Finally decided to stop pretending not to notice all those longing looks and pent-up sexual tension?

At the silent words, Kasia fixed her glare on the ex-shock trooper, reaching down and flinging a pebble at her this time. Cara caught it easily and threw it over her shoulder, the shit-eating grin never leaving her face.

I'll take that as a yes. And thank the fucking Gods, because if I had to spend one more fucking moment alone with you oblivious assholes I might have shot myself.

Cara's eyes darted back towards the small hut they were approaching, and she slowed her pace, nodding at the Ugnaught as he peered at the three of them in surprise and then turned and made his way into his house, Din on his heels.

You're telling me everything when we get back to the ship, Cara informed her. Kasia sighed and followed Din inside, knowing better than to argue.

Inside, the hut was quaint, illuminated with soft light from small lanterns placed throughout the space, and a furnace sat close to the wall, which they all settle next to in a loose circle, Kasia and Cara relaxing on the floor while Din remained standing behind Kasia who leaned against his legs for support. He said nothing, merely sighing before shifting subtly to make sure her back was comfortable. The gesture made something in Kasia's heart twinge.

"It hasn't grown much," the Ugnaught Kasia now knew to be named Kuiil from his thoughts observed as he stared down at the child in fascination before glancing up at Mando.

"I think it might be a Strand-Cast," Din answered as the Ugnaught continued to scrutinize the child.

"I don't think it was engineered," he remarked after a moment. "I've worked in the gene farms. This one looks evolved. Too ugly."

At the words, Kasia couldn't help but frown, indignation rising in her chest. Sure, the kid had some wrinkles, but she found it rather adorable. Plus, with those large eyes and the mint green skin and-