twenty nine

a/n: i don't know who this wolfstar gif belongs to, i found it on tumblr a while ago. i didn't make this, i am too dumb to do such a thing.

~*~*~

~*~*~

"is that a threat?"

~*~*~

january went fast, and in a blink of an eye, regulus found himself surrounded by valentine's day decorations all around the castle. regulus had become accustomed to hearing his plans for valentine's day with summer, he didn't blame her for her excitement, she didn't know about his doubts or his sexuality that didn't work in her favour, he felt like shit for it, but was it bad to break up with her a week or so before valentine's day?

regulus went into his dorm, giving barty a polite nod, they hadn't spoken since their literal fight in the middle of the slug club and for the first time in the six years regulus had known him, barty actually got the message to leave him alone. regulus went under his bed to get lyra out but she wasn't there, he creased his brows in confusion and went around to his bedside table and opened the drawer. nothing. he prayed she hadn't run off again.

"how're you and summer going?" asked barty as he laid on his bed, weirdly with his uniform on.

"why'd you ask?" retorted regulus as he pulled his covers from his bed, as she did like to sleep under there a lot of the time, "want to go and make her extremely uncomfortable again?"

"it was in poor taste, i'll admit that," said barty with his hands raised, "sorry about that, black."

"it's not me you should be saying sorry to," said regulus, "it was her you disrespected. you'll say sorry to her, not me."

"i will, but i have something else to ask you about actually," said barty, who swung his legs off of his bed to sit up, "how come blood traitor potter called you reggie? see, he was shouting on you one night outside of the common room, and he was calling you that nickname, if that's the right word."

"it's not a nickname, he's just out to annoy me because i'm sirius' brother," lied regulus, and to him, it was pretty convincing and flawless, "he's always wanting me to make up with sirius."

regulus then took another look under his bed and then turned and opened his cupboard doors. he put his hands on his hips and sighed, where the hell had she gotten to? he wasn't panicking just yet as it was a recurring thing for cats and pets in general to wander down to the common room, which she had done plenty of times.

"well, in that case, i guess it was alright that i told summer about you and him being pretty cosy on the train," said barty, pursing his lips together in blatant understanding that it wasn't okay he'd told summer, "y'know, since he's just out to annoy you and stuff like that."