DIKY - 1 - Forget

Question: I absolutely loved this story but the ending confused me. So everything was a dream? And if so then how did dust know what gifts he was getting in the before execution scene even though his birthday happened when he woke up? And if so does that mean that they are still fighting ink and the rest? Was this something ink caused?

Answer: First of all, thanks! Second, okay, the ending can be confusing, sorry! To Dust, the entire thing was just a dream, but it wasn't. To him, he just had this crazy dream before his birthday. But, it actually was not a dream; it was a different multiverse! This actually happened to a version of DustI figured if different universes could have similar stories, why not different multiverses? There have been plenty of Forced Destroyer multiverses, and this is really no different from one of those. In this multiverse "type," the decision to attack on Dust's birthday - not that they knew that - was the "branching point" for different paths the multiverse could take. Believe it or not, the decision was completely up to Fell, who led the party to use Dust as a bargaining chip to force the others to surrender. In one path, he went along with the plan, leading to the route in which Ink becomes the dictator of the multiverse. In a different route - which the story ends with - that does not happen. To put it into terms we would understand, imagine someone talking to a corpse. In their bedroom. That would turn a lot of people off, and that's basically what Dust did before he was taken. In the path the story ends on, Fell was so disgusted by the fact that someone would actually do that, that he just called the entire thing off; Ink's party was never called to fight the others, and Dust was never used as a bargaining chip. So, long story short, Dust's talking to dust saved the multiverse because Fell was gonna throw up. Yep. He likely didn't remember the birthday gifts, but if he did, he would have probably passed it off as deja vu. They are still in conflict with Ink and the others. So, if you wanna go even further, ATE is another different timeline of a multiverse in which Error didn't escape! Just imagine how many Dusts are still under Ink's control in the vast omniverse..I'm actually writing a story about one of them in which he meets my version of Fgod!Error and my Dreamtale AU Nightmare (like seriously Nightmare is always bullied in Dreamtales so I took it upon myself to make one where the villagers are actually not jerks! Yay! Too bad Dream takes their place-) :3 Sooo that's enough rambling from me! Have a nice day!

If anybody wants to see the story, please ask but it has an angst warning-

And oh my gosh that is the longest paragraph I have ever written-

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Nightmare's gang wasn't doing well at all. Our adversaries had been locating us quicker than we could spread negativity, and the increased efficiency was promoting positivity instead; Nightmare was at terrible risk. As a result, we had to go out as often as possible, which was also known as "every few hours." We hadn't had free time in weeks due to the new tracking system the protectors had developed; even Error's job was being inhibited by it! We had to think of something fast, or someone was going to die. The most likely candidate for death was Nightmare himself, since he was linked to the balance, but with the way our adversaries were fighting us, they could have honestly killed one of us..we had all suffered numerous broken bones, and Horror had been the most affected as of now; he had to stay home to avoid further injury. I was currently in my room, lying on my bed; we had been home for a while, but I was starting to wane..actually, I had been waning since day twelve, but this was day thirty. Paps was always there to help me, though; he's the best.

"You can get through this, brother!" Papyrus cheered. 

"Thanks, bro.." I held a broken arm that I had suffered a week ago; it still hurt tremendously..