Goodbye

(A/n): Hello! Thank you so much for making it to my second to the last chapter of Stay Alive. Fair warning, there will be no more votes, no more side chapters... For we are close to the end. Another warning, get tissues and your sad music, preferably: "The End of the World" by Billie Eilish! Also for my readers that did not read the lemon between (y/n) and Jean, they left off in a tub together, so this is that flashback of what conversation they had...Without any more warnings, be ready loves...

Year 854

*SWISH* *SWISH* 

"You know...(Y/n)... I want to forget what you told me...But I can't..." Jean says as I cover myself with the soapy bubbles. 

"Hm? Told you what?" I ask as he runs his hands in my hair. 

"Don't play so dumb all the time, you dense little one!! You remember...You told me about you and Eren- and-and- don't get-get me wrong, I'm not trying to badger you or anything! I'm glad you told me, shows me how honest you are! I just...I don't know...I just want to know...I-I just want to know who you see as you go on in life...(Y/n)...We're in a constant war and I know that there is really no time to focus on that kind of thing...But..." Jean stutters as I lower myself into the water, sinking against Jean's chest. 

"Jean...I don't think this is a real good time to-," I say as Jean slams his hand against the rim on the tub making me jump a bit. 

"Then when the hell is the time?! We won't get a chance to figure anything out if we keep screwing around and looking at each other! Not that I'm the only one! What is it?! Are you scared?! Are you scared of making things official because you don't know who is better?! Come on!" Jean shouts as I furrow my brows. 

"I'm not scared, Jean! I just don't know! And why the hell do you care?! We aren't together! So, who the hell cares who I'm going to?! Are you scared?! Scared that I'm going to forget about you so you want to keep pushing and pushing until I choose you?! What if I don't choose anyone, hm?!" I shout moving to the other end of the tub as I saw the corners of his jaw flex. 

"Hell yeah, I'm scared! Maybe I do want to keep pushing it so you do choose me, and what?! You wanna call me selfish for wanting to ensure that the women I love stays with me, and only me?! Seems like a good reason! Wouldn't it hurt you to know I slept with another person or if Eren slept with another person?! Especially a friend! What if I slept with Mikasa?!" Jean shouts as I gasp before I cross my arms. 

"I-... I wouldn't care! I would understand, plus, we wouldn't have been together! So, who gives a rat's tit?!" I shout splashing the water in his face as he furrowed his brows. 

"So, looks like we have two completely different minds... Maybe this was all a mistake... Plus... Who cares, hm? Not like we're together or anything, right?" Jean says with a crack in his voice as I sink my head down into the water, enough the cover my nose. 

We sat in the water, looking at each other. I furrowed my brows and raised my hand from the water, going to hit Jean with a wave of water again. 

*GRIP* *SPASH* 

"Argh!" Jean grunted as he grabbed my left hand and slammed me against him, preventing me from splashing him with water. 

As my hand as in Jean's grip, my other hand was past his head, holding onto the edge of the bathtub, my torso just above his, my leg in between his legs, and of course, we both had a frustrated look on our faces. Jean sighed and slowly released the tension on my wrist all while holding a "given up" expression. As I plopped back down, he still wouldn't let go of my left wrist completely.