21

LOU'S POV

I had my electronics back, my door back and maybe I didn't have a broken window anymore, but at least I had my freedom. My mother seemed more chill, which was odd, and I was less anxious about her finding out about me and Miss Williams.

I felt oddly less insecure about myself today and I regretted my meltdown to Diane from when she came visit me. Maybe I was acting dramatic, maybe I just needed attention... or maybe I truly felt like that, but I wasn't certain. Did I feel like crying? Yes... Did I feel like the world was conspiring against me as freaky as it sounded? Yes, I did. Some days I felt so filled of this ugly dark feeling that I couldn't quite explain, but maybe it was all my emotions creating a big wave of thoughts... perhaps I was so full of shit that I hadn't processed yet, that I was feeling shitty.

But today I was seeing Diane again, so I couldn't care less if I was depressed or not.

I was still upset that I had missed Halloween and I couldn't surprise Diane with a slutty costume to cheer her up a bit, I knew that she was worried about me and that it took a lot of courage for her to show up at my house and have a decent conversation with my mother. I had created a fake Facebook profile just to stalk her, but she didn't accept my friend request yet... maybe the name 'Julia McLaren' or the bio 'I love a latte in the afternoon by the company of my kitten Oliver' seemed not to catch her attention.

It was Friday and I was back to school, which was exciting just because I could see Diane... and thinking of what might happen with Ashley was too much for me so I'd rather ignore those thoughts.

As I walked through the corridor down to my locker I spotted Franky and Allie. They had become party friends, but right now they seemed to be fighting and their kind glares at me had turned into rage ones since they wrote the d slur in my locker, and people kept calling me it.

"Hello lesbo," Samuel greeted.

I clenched my jaw at that word and rolled my eyes, "Fuck off," I said.

Samuel laughed along Jasper Dawson, another guy I couldn't stand. Sam had been the class clown for years and I tolerated his person, but I didn't know he was a homophobe until Allie fucked up.

"Cheer up, d*ke," Jasper said before they both walked away.

I took a deep breath, opened my locker and threw my backpack inside before taking the textbooks I needed. As I turned around after closing my locker, I spotted her. She was wearing jeans today, which was odd because she had never worn jeans to school before, Diane would always wear fancy and elegant clothes, but at least she tried keeping it a bit like that by wearing that nice mustard blouse that made her look so good, that color suited her.

I smiled to her and she made eye contact with me, she smiled but the curl of her lips quickly vanished as she kept talking to Mrs. Garcia. My own smile vanished for some reason and I took a deep breath as I walked in Diane's direction.

"Miss Williams, uh, I hope I'm not interrupting," I said, directing my glance at Mrs. Garcia, feeling a little guilty for obviously interrupting, "I was hoping I could discuss the project we're doing in class."

Diane nodded, "Yeah sure." She posed a hand on my shoulder and I could feel the goosebumps rising, "I'm sorry," She directed her words to Mrs. Garcia.

Garcia smiled in friendly matter at the dirty blonde in front of me and walked away, leaving us alone. I had craved talking to her for a couple days since she showed up at my house, and I craved kissing her lips once again, and it sucked that I couldn't do that right now.

Her hand fell down from my shoulder and I had all her attention on me, "Hey," I said, winking an eye at her, looking around and then looking back at her. I was afraid of someone realizing of how cringe and blushed I would get around our hottest English teacher.