22'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

"I'm very appreciative of you, more than you know."

I smile down at Whistler, not used to having a friend like this beside me. He's been...major help, and the most support I've ever had.

"I'm happy to hear that. At least I can be of assistance for you in such a thing. It's more than the two of us, don't forget that." He reminds me as he shows me the paper. "Those vampires will be key in bringing down your father. The information we have...it shows that it's never been the vampires - it was him. They just tried saving their people."

I begin to witness him massaging his earlobe, and I chuckle. He does that a lot.

"You like to do that, huh?" I ask him, and he looks at me. That's when he catches on what I meant and smiled.

"Yeah, it helps me concentrate. Also helps relieves stress - not that I'm stressed. I think we all should have those kind of stress relievers, hmm?" He raises his eyebrow at me, waiting for a response.

I nod in agreement, watching him flip over the paper. Both sides were completely full of information we've gotten from two individuals. The one vampire I saved from here...Hendricks never speaks of anymore.

I wonder if it's because...he may have thought that beneficial to him. Since he's gone from here he can't possibly spill any information since he's back home... Wrong.

"It's just how we distribute and display this information, that's the thing." Whistler begins to whistle in thought, and I watch closely.

Coming a bit closer towards him, I try to read one of the vampire's statements. We happen to be quite close, but I was so comfortable with him as a friend that it didn't even hit me.

How close we were...

"Who is this Idris?"

I groan, turning around as I see Hendricks walk towards us. I glance down at Whistler and saw him have the note no longer in his hand, thank goodness he's swift.

"This is a friend."

"Oh, don't lie." He chuckles, rubbing my shoulder weirdly as he nodded over at him. "I get it. I'm happy you've moved on."

"What?" I began to sneer at him as he grabs Whistler's hand, and I suddenly see him bring his wrist towards his nose. Immediately I pull it back, disgusted by what he was doing. "He's just a friend, a good one nosy-ass."

"I bet. You know...this is perfect." He smiles at me and I didn't know what he didn't get about him not being with me!

Whistler looked uncomfortable, for sure. I was pissed off, for sure.

"How is this perfect? Please tell me so that I can be distracted from how annoyed I am of you." I growl at him and he snorts.

"You are becoming Head Alpha soon, and I see you always with...this 'friend'. There's no point in hiding it, I'm happy you've moved on. This will make it easier. You can get married and this will further increase the chances-."

"What the hell are you going on about?!" I shout at him now, becoming pissed.

Whistler and I were just here to get recounts from the captives here. We've gotten only two people who have taken up both sides of the paper. Now we meet this man.

We were so close to getting a third.

"You...marry him. He's an Omega, yes? Wait, don't answer because I can smell his pheromones - he is one. Forget all about that child with that heathen, Azriel. You could have a Hybrid child with him. If you marry him you could become Head Alpha in my stead. That'll...solve everything..." Hendricks starts to chuckle as if he was thinking of something else.