Chapter 58

Ame's P.O.V

I was tired.

Very tired.

Even if it was the middle of the morning and I had breakfast not too long ago, my eyes felt like bricks that I had to keep opening. My arms and legs dragged behind me wherever I went, and they were a pain to move, since it took more effort than usual.

Not to mention me being constantly cold.

It was summer and I wanted to crawl into a cave of warm blankets and never emerge again.

That was strange, but my stomach was even stranger. It was hurting badly, as if the cramps there were high on something that made them worse than they usually were. They were so bad that I was clutching my belly every so often in a frantic attempt to stop it.

It was bad, that's what it was.

"Hey, arrre you alrrright?" Russia asked from the chair near the couch. "You arrre hugging yourrr stomach a lot."

I looked at him. His hair was down, but it was mostly tucked behind his back or slung over the cushion. He had a white tank-top on that revealed his shoulders and a pair of sandy-brown shorts on. Low socks accompanied his feet, while a cautious expression was painted into his eyes.

"Ehm, no..." I admitted, as I brought my blanketed legs up to my chest and hugged them. "My stomach has been hurting a lot lately, and I don't know what's wrong with it." I grunted.

"Vould you like a pain killerrr forrr it?" Russia questioned almost instantly, as he got ready to get up.

"If you have some," My teeth chattered a bit, as I spoke. "But don't go to the store for me if you don't have any, it's not that bad."

He stood up, "I have a couple herrre, vould you like some vaterrr to help swallow it?"

"Mhmm," I mumbled. "That would be great." My feet shifted, as I wobbled onto them and started to move.

I was heading to the bathroom to try and relieve some of the pain. Unfortunately, the only bathroom the Russian had was the one up a set of stairs near his room. Usually I didn't care, but every step I took felt agonizing and only made me more tired than I already was.

Somehow, I had managed to make it up the stairs and was hobbling towards the open door.

I stepped into the smallish area and gripped onto the sink. My head felt faint, while my hands shook. I felt like I had no energy left to give.

My eyes slowly started darkening, as my knees gave out, "Russia, help!" I yelled, before my eyes closed completely and I landed onto the cold floor.

It only took me a second to wake up and feel the cool, tiled floor collide against my skin. It felt nice, but I was shivering because of it.

Loud stomps raced up the stairs, "Oh my god, Amerrrica! Arrre you okay?" Russia frantically set the half-empty glass of water and the pill in his hands on the sink and squatted down to my side. He pulled my back up off of the floor and used one of his arms to keep me up, while the other one pressed up against my head.

After a few moments, he retracted his hand from my forehead, "I knew it..." He whispered, though I could hear him just fine. "Do you zhink zhat you can stand?"

"Probably...can...I just," My legs felt so weak and frail. They were twigs that were at the brink of snapping. Yet, I tried placing my feet on the ground. With no support, I fell back down. "Need a...moment."