4;11;1

Operation Beifong

...

Author here- Feeling a bit discouraged today. Here's the thing. I have never claimed to be a professional writer. I wrote this book because I love the show, and writing is a fun hobby for me. I also love being part of this fandom, but I'm not going to lie, some of you can be harsh. I'm all for constructive criticism, and if you don't like the book, that is 100% ok. You're allowed to have your opinion, but what I don't like are messages putting me down as not only a writer, but as a person. Recently I decided to open up my messages to see what you guys wanted to see next. Plus, I really wanted to interact with you guys. I wasn't able to read everything because I have a lot of you in my inbox, but I've now come to the decision to no longer open any messages. I appreciate those who are kind and actually give constructive criticism without the harsh and unnecessary words. I still see all the comments left on the book, and I appreciate every single one of you.

...

Warning! long, but good chapter ahead!

...

"Hey, Kitty," Jade calls. "Thanks for letting me stay here at your apartment. I thought I'd have to stay in a hotel while I'm here."

Despite being upset with Korra, I am still so happy to be back in the city. I've missed this place, and now, my best friend Jade is here, too! And we're bunking together! Since she's from Zaofu, she's staying in my apartment, and now we're roommates! I don't know what she plans to do once this Kuvira issue is resolved, but for now, I'm just glad she's here.

"You don't have to thank me. You'd do the same for me."

"Still, I just want you to know that I'm very thankful," she says.

"Of course. So, um, I was meaning to talk to you about something."

"What is it?" She asks.

"Well, Bolin and I are going to help Lin and Opal rescue Suyin and her family."

"Are you serious? Um, well, let me get my stuff. We need to-"

"Jade, Jade, listen. I need you to stay here," I tell her, and her face drops.

"W- why? You don't want me to go? I know we've been spending a lot of time together, but-"

"No, no, that's not it. I'd love for you to go, but I need you to stay here.. To watch over Korra."

"Your sister's the Avatar, why would you need me to watch over her?" She asks.

"I've watched over my sister since we were children, and because of recent events, I need to make sure she's safe... Because you know, everything that's happening with Kuvira..."

"Are you sure it's not because you're worried about her, but you're too stubborn to admit you've been avoiding her?" Jade asks with a smirk.

"Noooo... I'm not avoiding her."

Instead of saying anything, she only gives me a knowing look. Ok, maybe she's right, but so what? I need time to process everything. I didn't even know she was back in the city- Heck! I didn't even know where she was for the past three years!

"Ok, maybe I am, but can you blame me? She's been lying to everyone for three years."

"I know someone else who lied to everyone for three years," she says in a sing-song voice.

"Ok, that's not fair. I had a reason."

I was doing my job! I'm a spy for crying out loud!

"Maybe she did, too," Jade points out.