5. Sky Divers (Danail)

"Sky diveeeers," a piercing scream tears the awkward silence, fallen between us upon prince Dai Stial's words.

   I finally manage to look away from his flawless face. I didn't even realize I was staring. I peek at the lords, waiting impatiently to hear the rest that the soldier on the one hundred feet high watchtower has to announce.

   "Form the noooorth," he shouts, "black and goooold!"

   "God help us!" my mother grumbles, tossing a glimpse, full of hatred, towards the smirking Lord Bardal. "You had to do it immediately, didn't you? I'll have your head on my wall someday!"

  "It would be my pleasure, My Queen!" he chuckles, fully content with himself.

   It takes only three minutes for a message to reach the king through the underground crystal communication system and another hour for his flying ships to bring him right in the middle of the battlefield. His loyal friend obviously didn't waist a second to inform him of the latest events.

   The hairs on my entire body prickle. I haven't seen my father in five years. I didn't miss him. I wouldn't be sad if I never saw him again. If there's a cruel, judgmental, controlling person, it should be him. My mother is surely happier in the desert, enduring all the hardships of war, than in the palace, surrounded by luxury, but forced to spend every day with him.

   I admit that capturing the chosen by mistake is a great deal. Still, I'm bewildered by the sudden appearance of King Dorth The First of Eleysan aka The Beast. I've already started to think that he has completely abandoned us in the hell and will never bother to spare even a second of his precious time for us. Not that I complain!

   "Prince Dai Danail," I hear the most enchanting voice close to my ear. A gentle hand rests on my leather covered shoulder. "Can we talk in private?"

   I turn around and am captivated again by the rose mist in his irises. I nod, paying no attention to the bustle behind me. The commanders are barking orders, rushing out of the tent. The king must be greeted properly. There's a whole ceremony to be performed. He'll be mad if something is not exactly as required. Many people have felt the sharp teeth of his beloved pet for less. 

   "Come with me," I wave to the prince and we head towards my tent, maneuvering to avoid the soldiers, running in all directions as if a rock was thrown in a hornets' nest.

   "Dey," my mother shouts after us. "Don't be late. Don't forget to pay your respect. Change in the royal attire."

   I answer nothing and roll my eyes. My royal attire is the sword and the shield. My father can suck it up or go to hell, although, he is already in its center.

   "She called you Dey," my companion smiles. "Beautiful name!"

   "Only two people are allowed to use it," I frown, "my mother and my best friend."

   "I'll be the third one then," he states nonchalantly, "and you'll call me Sai."

   I raise my brows. Is he ordering me what to do? My stern look is met by a devastating grin and two rows of pearly white teeth. God help me! This boy is beautiful. I can't keep my scowl on and hesitantly smile back.

   "Aaah, I knew it," he chirps.

   "You knew what?" I snort, feeling very strange.

   He makes me all tingly inside. I remember the sensation from when I was a child. This feverish anticipation used to overwhelm me every time when I expected to receive the presents for my birthday, which were so many, that filled an entire room. He brings a ray of light with his every word and gesture. One somehow wants to please him all the time. Maybe, it's because he's touched by God. It gives him the ability to infatuate people.

   The prince doesn't answer my question, just waving it away with an elegant movement of his hand.

   We cross the small distance, walking under the heavy, cool shadow of the three massive ships. They are hanging over the camp like enormous clouds. The hulls are of black, fortified buloke, called also 'the ironwood tree'. It grows only in the thick forests of Eleysan. No weapon can breach it. The keels and forepeaks, as well as each ship's three masts, are ornamented in gold. Each one has three gun decks and is capable of wiping away a whole city within minutes. Each black sail has my father's coat of arms, embroidered on it - two rearing winged horses, protecting a crown and a shield.

   The figurehead of each diver is a golden winged horse, holding an air diamond. The precious stones are as big as a human fist each. They are the rarest gems and the most valuable thing on Earth, possessing the unique ability to make objects fly. Only six have ever been found at the bottom of the lake at God's eye oasis. The two kings, good friends at the time, shared them equally. This made them the most powerful rulers.

   I used to dream as a young boy to steal one of the sky divers and go to the Desert Kingdom to meet Dai Stial. Then we would travel the world, away from our fathers, after I beat him up, of course. No one would ever tell us what to do.

   I laugh out loudly.

   He turns to me with a questioning look.

   "It's ironic," I chuckle, staring at his puzzled face. "I just realized that one of my childhood dreams has come true in a very twisted way. Now we only have to steal a ship."

   Sai giggles and nods, "We may do exactly that. Who knows?"

________________________________________

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 5!

Thank you for reading and supporting my new story! ❤❤❤

Did the arrival of the king surprise you?

What do you think he will be like?

How do you expect the meeting with the two princes to go?

I have another surprise for you in the next chapter 😉

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny