I'm really sorry hwa

As he set down his phone, Hongjoong heard the door open and San walk in.

"Ah I've been waiting for you! I had something to ask," Hongjoong smiled.

"Yeah, what's up?" San said with one eyebrow cocked.

"So you know how I told you about the guy I'm seeing? Well, I was thinking of inviting him to come out with us tonight."

San stood rigid and Hongjoong couldn't tell if it was out of fear, shock, or something else.

"San? I thought you were so excited to figure out who he was?"

"I was until—um, well—"

"If you don't want me to bring him along I don't have to. You guys come first. I don't want to spoil our night I just thought it would be a good chance for you all to meet. I really think he's a keeper. We can always hang out as a group another time after the concert. San?"

San was at a loss for words.

"It's okay, I'll just tell him you weren't feeling up to it and we can head out without him. It's really fine, San."

San looked like he had something he wanted to get off his chest but he just smiled and said, "Sorry hyung, it's just been a while since we've all been able to hang out together."

Hongjoong knew he'd have to pry it out of him later but he didn't want to ruin the mood if San wasn't ready to share yet anyways. He pulled out his phone to let Seonghwa know.

angrybird🐣

hongsong🎶 hey i'm really sorry i
didn't realize how long it's been
since my friends and i have gone out
as a group before and i'm thinking
it might be best if you don't come tonight
i'm really sorry Hwa

———

He didn't want to read the response as he knew he'd feel guilty so he turned off his phone and started putting his coat on. San looked a bit upset but he still made no effort to say anything so Hongjoong pretended not to notice.

"Ready to head out? Jongho just texted me that they're in the lobby."

"Yeah just gotta grab my wallet," San said with a forced smile and then the two of them headed down to meet with their friends. In the elevator Hongjoong could still tell something was bothering San and he decided to give him one last chance to share.

"Are you sure nothing's up? You know you can tell me anything," he said reassuringly.

"Let's just talk about it later, okay?" said San, eager to postpone the matter for as long as possible.

"Okay I just wanted to make sure," Hongjoong smiled, giving him a pat on the back.

San looked back at him with a smile and as the elevator doors opened, the two walked out into the lobby.