26. Elder Elemental Persistence

(New and edited)
CHAPTER 26: Elder Elemental Persistence

Training with Elder Elias was more brutal than my training in the academy, to work for the council that no longer exists. Elias stood there, shocking me with the fact he stood there shirtless with twin daggers at his back, hooked in his belt and the size of him rather intimidating. I twist the daggers in my fingers, tense and riddled with sweat while the other elders stand by and watch, it's all they do, "Still naive?" Elias questions me, still pissed.

I inwardly scoff and feign a left, diving right, I slam the hilt of the dagger into his knee, using my being just to spin up and slice the dagger at his cheek, he dodges it and knees me in the stomach. I grit my teeth and spin faster, harder, sending a roundhouse kick his way and he uses it to shove my face to the floor.

I gasp, my muscles vibrating in ache and the pain of it, "Elias, I did not believe you training my mate would mean continuously hurting her?" Martin's nonchalant voice had no qualms about the pain I was in. In fact, he was watching like it was live entertainment for him.

"You can talk." I spit at him, spitting out blood in the process, the knock to my stomach did something, and now I was healing from it.

"You have not shifted in far too long." Elias ignores Martin, speaking directly to me.

I don't answer him, my back turned, I close my eyes, tired and weak. The court I once considered home was nothing more than a dictatorship, run by a new leader, with new rules and expectations that I still felt so bitter towards. Yes, Martin was nicer to staff and the games had been eradicated, he gained allies after such events were run in the ground, "Celestine." Elias warns.

"Let me have a try with her, Elias." Martin initiates.

"I'm done for today." I interrupt.

"That wasn't a request." Martin says to me, moving forward on the grass. He stands behind me, before shoving a punch straight into my spine. I scream at the pain, dropping down to my knees, I curse and kick out a leg, right into his knee, he didn't see it coming. I grab a fistful of dirt, throwing it in Martin's silver eyes, he grunts and spins away from me. I don't let him go far.

Wrapping my legs around his head, I flip us through the air and land on my feet while he spins and lands on his, eyes red-rimmed before he growls lowly, it's taut and tense as he struts up to me, his voice and tone deepening, "Obey." He spits, gripping my neck in one hand.

I knock his arm down, elbow lowering and I backhand him. He lifts me off the floor and slams me on my back, puffing the air out of my lungs and I gasp for breath. His fingers tighten around my neck, "That's enough." Serena calls out, clearly we had an audience, she's stopped by Alpha Torrence.

"Don't, she hurt his wolf. Not even the elders can intervene." He says to her, sounding cautious while I struggle, choking on Martin's grip while he drags me against the grass, up closer to his face, fangs appeared where a smooth should have been, he snarls in my face. I punch his ruin cage hard. It does nothing.

"You won't give me what others will." He sneers.

"Sex?" I choke out.

He narrows his eyes, "That is allowed only during the initiation, hence why I have not taken your innocence." He snaps at me, shoving me away from him, he stands, anger deep in his eyes.

I crawl back from him, Elias stands there, being held by one of the other elder's, "You can get another girl to fuck you to heaven, arsehole." I spit at Martin, smirking with blood trailing down my lips. Serena and Alice, even their Alphas and Betas, Gammas and Deltas all around us, they probably saw me and first thought of a patient who escaped an asylum. Perhaps I looked like a corpse pulled out of a grave, fresh and yet still so sickly pale. The putrid smell of blood in the air.