27. Darkling Royale

CHAPTER 27: Darkling Royale

It was not because you are soft-hearted, it's because I will not allow what is mine, to fall for the trickery of any enemy she comes across.

I stare him down, Elder Elias must have truly lost his mind. I stare as the crowd does, when the fully healed Nicolai Darkling steps through a set of doors. He straightens, eyes directed on mine. My nostrils flare, "Quite the performance, love," Nicolai claps, muscles branching as he raises them out. I watch Kai Torrence smirk in the corner of my eyes. The atmosphere related to Martin the way they couldn't have done with me. I stare at him as he moves, "The voice of a true Queen, I'm so very impressed," He had healed quicker than he should have. Moving with Robert and Reina not far behind.

Martin steps up as he studies me closely, "Someone all should listen to, there are things my mate has voiced that are issues that need to be examined in future meetings, however we have tighter matters here. Starting with the violence you all saw in my mate's fight with me not too long ago. The aggressiveness in her stance has made a great many of you wary of the bond her and I share. Not only that, it's made you doubt me to being affectionate, to being passionate, when what is a leader of affection. Passion is accepted when thinking about his civilians. Protection and strategy holds greater values, if it were my Mate's way, we wouldn't have overtaken the council." He catches laughs in the crowd.

I stare at him, before finding the breath of no one stopping him.

A hand tightens against mine, he gripped it in his hand, "It appears my mate and I have a long discussion necessary here, we'll return soon." He announces, pulling me behind the throne and towards the closest set of doors, I rip my hand out of his and stare straight at him.

He narrows his eyes, "Keep walking." He orders.

"If I can beat you once, I'll bloody do it again." I spit at him.

"One bite, you missed my head, love." He says sarcastically. He grabs my arm yet again and pulls me down the hall before entering an elevator.

"How are you awake?" I question him.

He studies me, "You do know what I am, don't you? I must admit, that fight seemed well worth its entertainment." He didn't sound pissed nor happy about the mess within his arms. He steps forward in the elevator, grasping my chin between his fingers, I grab his wrist and dig my fingers into muscle.

He narrows his eyes, "I wouldn't, if anything, I want to rip out a piece of you just to return the favour, however we do have far more pressing matters than your tantrum," He starts off with, I felt my eyes drip into into a cold, wet darkness as they regard him carefully. Like regarding a beast looking colourful for the crowd, but he's dipped in black and red when I see him for who and what he truly is. Nothing more than animals skin.

"It's not a tantrum if it's justified." I point out.

"You call that justice?" He asks me, voice dipping lower, softer. I shove him off me and give him such a dirty look. He's unaffected, not looking away, not stepping down. Elias wouldn't seen to step down either, not until I gave him a look of disappointment. If he had truly understood what was going on, why he had first been urging for this, rooting for it and now, he's a walking conflicted contradiction.

The doors open, Elias stands there, stoic with the Elders behind him, lingering close in the dark. Martin moves from me and steps out, Robert hands him a folder, not gracing me with even a look as they move down the hall. I'm forced to follow with Elias not far behind me, "...she should be punished for her actions." Robert argues.

"You should be punished for breathing." I tell him behind the both of them.

Martin turns to me and grabs me by the neck, lifting me off the floor. I croak, my eyes boring into silver ones, he stares through me, soul and body and not in a good way, "No, I'm almost too certain you should be. Step inside, now." He orders, shoving me against the door of the room he wanted open.