Chapter 12

Same old classes everyday, it's really boring. Here we are after period two and it's lunch time. 4 hours of boring same old same old work and now we finally get to fill our empty stomachs. We head out of class an into the hallway where we put our bags in. 

"So, I'm having a little slumber party. And you're coming." Cece says, well more like demanding me. 

"Of course I'll go. Plus this'll be the first time I will be at your house." I reply as we shut our locker doors.

It's been about 1 month and a half since I've been to this school. At first I thought it was going to be bad where I'll have to be a loner, but I made great friends along the way. Last week when Alec randomly showed up at my house, we haven't been very talkative towards each other. Well we only would ever talk when we're paired up for assignments. Also we finished our sculptures of each other and let's just say Alec got the winning prize. And I got to keep my head.

"Who else is coming. Or will it be just the two of us? A dream duo." I saw as we head towards the cafeteria. 

"Well, I invited Diego. And he may or may not have invited the guys too." Cece says as she scratches the back of her neck nervously. The guys? So that means Alec has a high chance of showing up. Oh no. Not good at all.

"Oh. Umm okay." I reply trying not to show my worriedness. Things could be awkward between us, or we just pretend like nothing ever happened.

♡☺︎♡

"Hey babe." Diego greets Cece and kisses her lips. Wait did he just call her Babe?

"DId you just call her babe?" I ask him with a wide grin.

"Yep. Cece and Diego are official!" Cece shouts and hugs him as tight as she can. My dream came true. Let's just say I was the first to be a Diego and Cece shipper.

"I'm so happy for you guys." I say with a smile.

"Yeah, now you get to get laid almost every time." Aaron comments. Cece and I have been sitting at the same table as Alec and his friends. Diego invited us over. Well before it was just Alec and Diego but seeing as Cece and I had befriended the guy group, why not let them join us? The more the merrier after all.

"Shut up dude." Mason shoves Aaron to the side, causing him to fall over. We all laugh but soon it dial down as the man of the hour shows up.

Yep you guest it, Alec. He walks through the front door and takes a seat right next to me. He could've just scooted over a bit? Nope, his leg is right by my leg and I'm assuming he has no intention of moving it.

"What'd I miss." He comments taking a fry from my lunch tray. I glare at him to which he just looks at me and gives me one of those winks that can have any ladies faint.

"Cece and Diego are together." Zach says plopping a fry into his mouth.

"Really?" Alec questions, his voice unamused. Like show some more happiness for your best friend why don't you?

"Yep. And to celebrate, you guys are coming over to my house for a little slumber party. And I'm not taking no's for an answer." Cece threatens everyone.

"No." Mason says with a playful smirk on his face.

"Okay then don't come." Cece glares at him.

"Wha-- I was kidding." Mason defends himself. Cece rolls her eyes in response. "So when is it and when do you expect my handsome face to appear?"

"Friday, you can come to my house after school." 

"Sweet." Zach says.

"You going Alec?" Diego chimes in and asks Alec who response with a nod of his head. I was hoping he wouldn't but then again, he's Diego's best friend and it's their celebration of getting together.

"Perfect." Cece says happily.

♡☺︎♡

It's the end of the school day and we finally get to go home. Yes I know I complain a whole bunch but who doesn't? I grab my books out and begin walking. I take my phone out and text my mom to pick me up.

Finished school: Me

Mom: I'm sorry I have to work a little later today, can you ask your friend for a ride home?

Sure: Me

Mom: Thank you. Get home safe, I love you

I love you too: Me

I sigh and decide to call Cece for a ride home. No response. Now I'm getting frustrated. I start tapping my phone aggressively people walking by would think I'm a maniac. 

"You okay?" A deep voice calls from the right side of me. I turn and see Alec standing there with amusement in his eyes. Please don't tell me he was watching my act as if I just had a fight with my phone. He probably saw that. 

"Fine. Just need a ride home. But I can walk." I reply with a shrug and sling my bag over my shoulder and start to head out.

"I'll give you a ride." He says and starts walking to me.

Oh heck no. Us two in the same car together? I don't think that's such a good idea. He could be a kidnapper for all I know. But then again he did take me home one time. And ended up sleeping in my bed, don't forget that Briar.

"No, it's fine I can walk." I say and start walking out of the school building. Bu I don't get too far as hand grabs my arm and leads me to the parking area.

"It wasn't a question." He says and opens the passenger side door. "Get in." He orders.

I comply without a fight because he seems a bit pissed right now. Wait why is he pissed? Did I do something? No we barely even talked today? Was it because when he kept taking fries from my lunch tray I slapped his hand away and stuffed all the fries in my mouth? Well sorry Mr. Grumpy.

15 minutes later we arrive at my place. He unlocks the door and I grab my bag and books and head out. "Thanks for the ride." I say with a smile and shut the door. "Are you gonna get home okay?" I question. It's getting dark out and I wouldn't want him to drive in the creepy night because of me.

"I'll manage." He says, then a smile forms on his face. He's actually smiling. Like a genuine smile. "Goodnight Briar." He says and drives slowly off. Why is he driving so slow.

Then before my eyes could deceive me, a house garage door opens and he drives right in. Huh? No way. No no no. He's probably staying at his aunt's house right? How have I never seen his truck before. Oh wait, because it's in a garage. 

He gets out of his car and gives me a wink before heading inside his house.

Alec Hart is actually my neighbor.

♡☺︎♡