Just a Game of Pool

A few short hours later, you wake-up and head to the kitchen for breakfast. 

Tony looks up at you, with a lack of sleep written all over his face. "Morning. How did you sleep?"

You take a cup of coffee as Loki also enters the kitchen, "Not well, but someone was awake at the time who managed to calm me down a bit." You meet Loki's gaze and he smiles and nods at you as he prepares his tea.

"Feel free to knock on our door anytime," Tony lightly puts a hand on your shoulder as he walks past you. 

"Thank you, Tony," you respond, stirring your coffee. Tony's facial expression falters a bit when he doesn't hear you call him 'dad', but you do not notice.

After breakfast, Tony and Bruce show you the lab, which is now all new to you once again. "So, wait. I've worked on all of this?" 

"Yes, you have," Bruce says while pressing some buttons on a screen. 

"And, you've corrected Banner's poorly done work," Tony says with a big grin on his face. 

"That....may also be true," Bruce says hitting Tony in the arm.

You may not remember ever working in the lab, but everything comes second nature, and by the time you're finished working, it's time for dinner.

"There is NO WAY I have powers," you say taking a fork-full of pasta. These people are insane. Everything else has been hard to come to terms with, but now it's laughable. 

"You do! You dropped a car on these alien things that were after me! It. was. AWESOME!" The kid named Peter, who you met just before dinner was ready, starts explaining. 

"You've got the wrong person. That was not me," but then you look at everyone's faces, "Right?"

"Well, you do now how to kick but when needed," hammer guy, who you now know as Thor, says.

"We can all help you with your training, just like in the beginning," Tony continues.

"That's very kind of you, but..." you feel someone take your hand under the table and it instantly relaxes you, making you sigh. "Ok, why not. Sign me up."

Loki is staring at you, still holding your hand out of sight. 

The next day, Wanda and you are training, but you aren't having any luck. "Days ago, I was apparently able to lift cars, and now I can't even move a marshmallow."

"You'll get this, it just takes time," Wanda tries to reassure you when her phone rings, "I have to take this. Don't eat the..."

While Wanda was talking on the phone, you popped a marshmallow into your mouth, "What? I'm finally moving them....just, to my mouth." You both laugh as she leaves the room and you pop another marshmallow into your mouth. 

The door is left open and a few seconds later, Steve is standing in the doorway, "You look like you're loving this, Cass."

You roll your eyes and throw a marshmallow at him, but he catches it instead. "It's been 2 hours, and I'm not even close to moving these marshmallows." You pick up another and eat it.

"Hey now, you'll get this," Steve takes a few steps in. 

"Now you sound like Wanda," you say waving your hand to dismiss him.

"But definitely better to look at, right?" Steve smirks at you.

"Dear lord," this causes you to throw another marshmallow at him, but he blocks it with his shield he was carrying.

"Unfair fight," you stand-up.

"Come on, take a break," He reaches his hand towards you.

"Fine; twist my arm," You say taking his arm and head to the main room. 

"Round of pool?" Steve asks.

You've played before at a friends' house, but you're absolute shit at it. Nonetheless, you grab a stick and miss horribly.

"You're a natural," Steve says grabbing a stick off the rack.

"This time it won't be marshmallows coming at you," you nod towards the pool balls on the pool table.

"Fair. Fair," Steve holds up his hands in surrender.

You try again, but still miss any of the balls. Steve comes up behind you, "Here, let me." He guides your hands with his.

Nat, Thor, and Loki entered shortly after you and Steve, and have been watching the interaction between you and Steve the entire time. 

Loki's jaw clenches and he swallows his anger, walking out of the main room.

Apologies for the late and shorter update. This past week has been super busy. I hope to have two more chapters up this week! Please continue to Vote and Comment on your favorite parts of the story. Thank you all for reading :) x