33

This chapter reveals a lot so make sure you pay attention to connect the dots later!<3

We get young Zace yay!<3

___________________________________________

Zayn Malik

She was gone, again. Just like the first time we met years ago.

I saw her disappear into the dark with him.

Like a ray of light that shines only to fade away. She was gone. Like the little ray of happiness that kept disappearing from my life each and every moment.

Every moment, I've learnt nothing but to let go. Because everything I cared about was always snatched away from me.

I remember her from our first meeting.

She hasn't changed a bit. She's been the same caring, non judgemental person she was since the time I saw her when we were younger. She might not remember me. It's not her fault. She wasn't supposed to.

She doesn't know who I am and why I'm here for her. She can't.

She cared blindly despite everything and I think I'm the one guilty of that. I couldn't get closer to her just to betray her. I can't do that to her. She'd break.

With everything I've did so far, I didn't have the will to even live anymore. Because I knew that maybe if I'm gone now, she'll be safe. She'll be alright.

Harry wasn't right when he said that they can't kill me. They can, if they get the order, they can.

It was 30 floors. I knew It'd take time for them to come. I had disabled all the elevators so the only way was the stairs.

I shamble a little through the corridor as I fall down again.

I crawl into an empty room hiding. The bodies groaning as I fall down next to them. I was hurting. In more ways I can explain.

I couldn't go on much longer. I wanted it all to end. To be finally free of everything that's been hurting me.

I tilted my head back on the wall shutting my eyes as she flashed in front of my eyes.

"Promise me then." She says as Harry starts walking away holding her wrist pulling her away from me.

"Promise me Zayn you'll be fine. Promise that you'll see me again. That you won't give up." She says looking into my eyes.

How did she know I was going to give up?

"Zayn please." She says in desperation.

"I promise. I won't give up."

My eyes open again. Now filled with tears. I shouldn't have promised her. I should've stayed silent.

I can't keep doing these things over and over and over again. She deserves better.

I had made up my mind.

I was ready to let go. And maybe this time, I will.

I didn't regret anything, other than lying to her. But I know she'll understand, she always does. This life wasn't for me anymore.

I lay down on the hard floor as my heart and body ached. Slowly I shut my eyes and try to go off to sleep.

So it won't hurt when they shoot me.

My ears on the floor, I heard faint noise of the footsteps. Still far, but it won't take long.

My mind travels through everything that I've done to this day, the people I've killed, the houses I've burnt, wronging people who didn't deserve it.