- distractions

I can help you forget about her

••••

Blair sighs heavily, staring at the mess she was the literate cause of, wondering where she was going to crash for the night. Not that she could fall asleep anyway with Lizzie crowding her mind.

Maybe destroying everything in her wake wasn't such a suitable method of self sympathy.

Blair trudges over the broken glass, managing to not get attacked by small fractures of it, and snatches the pillow off her bed, cuddling it to her chest and stalking over to the exit. "Goodbye room." She mutters, shutting the door behind her and stepping out into the dim corridor.

She sets her eyes on the forth door down the hall and creeps across the creaking floorboards. At her destination, she tenses a balled fist and grimaces at the sting of her flesh exposed knuckles. There is definitely glass shards wedged in there, she hisses mentally and tries her best to ignore the pain as she knocks on the wood.

The door pulls back after a brief second and Hope amusedly quirks her eyebrows. "You're back." It hadn't even been a solid ten minutes since Hope was comforting Blair.

Blair purses her lips, tucking the pillow under her chin, acting innocent. "I'm back." She barely whispers, her green eyes shifting over Hope's face with a silent beg.

The tribrid doesn't say a word and silently steps aside, nudging the door open wider with her foot. Blair sends her a grateful smile and enters, Hope shuts them in together.

"Do you have a couch I can crash on?"

Hope turns to face the taller girl and her mouth twitches into a small grin. "Does it look like I have a couch?"

Blair glances around, eyes skimming over the double bed, the beanbag in the corner of the room and a bookshelf that almost hogged majority of the remaining free space. Her eyes widen at that. It has to be housing at least fifty or more books. She never realised Hope was such a book worm.

Apart from that, there isn't a couch in sight.

"I guess not." She replies, awkwardly idling by the door whilst Hope paces across the room and digs through her top drawer for whatever she has plans of finding.

"If it's that much of a concern to share a bed, I can take the floor if you need space." Hope tells the girl as she swiftly removes her shirt and continues searching through her mountain of clothes.

Blair blinks and directs her gaze to the bed, sighing softly. She is already being a nuisance, the last thing she wants is to kick Hope from the comfort of her own bed. "It's fine," she assures and tosses the covers back, claiming the right side of the bed without another thought. "You can have the left."

Hope abruptly turns around, her chest exposed and lips pursing in debate. The vampire doesn't express a reaction, apart from the subtle second glimpse. "Actually I usually sleep on the right, the morning sun blinds me every tim-" Blair delivers a challenging scowl and Hope awkwardly switches her sentence, turning back around. "-but not tonight."