39.

C H A E Y O U N G

I don't want to assume things but I have a feeling that Heejin might be Mina's. I can't stop thinking about it, it is possible but also impossible. I've never seen Mina pregnant and also, as far as I remember, Heejin is already five or six. Mina has been working at the company for more than five years, plus she told me that she doesn't have any past relationship.

"Thank you for dropping me off Chaeyoung. I'll see you tomorrow." She said and immediately left the car without even waiting for what I will say.

I watch Mina walk into the hospital, and I was about to leave when I saw Mina's bag was left on her seat.

"She must be so much worried that she even forgets to bring her bag with her." I told myself, and grab the bag.

Before I step down my car, I grab my phone and texted her that she left her bag with me. I waited for some minutes but didn't get any reply.

"I'll just find her."

Going into the hospital, I suddenly stop on my steps when I saw how many halls are there in this hospital. It will be hard to find Mina, what should I do?

Should I call her? 

I tried to call her but she doesn't answer.

Should I ask the nurse? But I don't know what is Heejin's surname. 

Is it possible that her surname is the same as Mina? Should I try?

"Hello, uhm, can I ask if you have a patient that name is Myoui Heejin?" 

"Wait, let me check for a while... Hm, Myoui Heejin, yup we have. She's in room 2119, it's on the third floor."

I don't know if I will be worried upon knowing that Mina and Heejin have the same surname. 

She could be Mina's daughter, or maybe, maybe Heejin is just her niece.

"Yeah, Heejin is just her niece." I convinced myself.

I wasn't really convinced but I remembered that I saw Heejin before the mall incident, at the pizza parlor, with a man. Maybe that was Mina's brother and it was Heejin's dad.

Reaching the third floor, I can hear my heart beating. As soon as I saw the room number, I took a deep breath before having the courage to knock on the door.

After knocking six times, I wanted for someone to open the door. I was correct when I think that Mina will be the one to open the door. 

Her eyes grew wide and she seemed to be nervous.

"Chaeyoung, what are you doing here?" She asked and I showed her the bag.

"You forgot." I shortly said.

"Oh, sorry, thank you for bringing it here. May I know how you knew that I am in this room?"

Before I could answer her question, someone talked.

"Mommy, who is it? Is it already Sana obasan and Momo obasan?" What?

I saw how Mina gulped.

So I was right with my thought, Heejin is Mina's daughter, but how? 

"Chaeyoung, I... I... Heejin..." Mina can't compose a sentence.

I smiled at her and hold her hand.

"It's okay, you don't need to tell or explain it to me now, I'll wait until you're ready to tell me, okay? It's alright." I assured her.

"But Chaeyoung... I... Are you angry at me? Would you leave me?" She asked and I immediately shake my head.

"Of course not Mina, I will never leave you. Whatever it is, I won't leave you. I will stay. I love you Mina." I said and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you Chaeyoung, I promise to tell it to you soon." She said.

"Don't rush, tell me when you're ready, okay?" I said.

"Okay, thank you again Chaeyoung." 

I will understand and wait for Mina's explanation being doing something that I know I will regret soon. 

Let's be mature, don't let your childishness eat you fully, if you want a healthy relationship, trust each other and be mature. Understand each other even you aren't in the main story of the relationship. 

If you fought, say sorry to each other. If you misunderstand each other, listen to each other. You two can fight, but you can fix the problem, you two can encounter many conflicts, it may be hard but you two can do it, as long as no one leaves.

"You're welcome, go on. Accompany Heejin, I'll leave so you could have your privacy." I said.

"You can go in, I mean if you want." Mina said.

"Sure, I would love to see Heejin." I said and smiled at Mina.

Might as well be close to Heejin, she'll be a future Son too once I married her mom.

"Mo- oh! It's Ms. Handsome!" I giggled 

"Hello there Heejin, I'm glad that you still remember me." I said and ruffled her hair.

"Of course! I saw you on mommy's phone then I told her that you helped me find Momo obasan." She cheerfully said.

I look at Mina and I smiled at her when I saw her smiling at me.

"Is that so?" I said and Heejin nodded her head.

We talk to each other while Mina was just there sitting and listening to us.

Heejin is such a sweet kid, she's like an angel that God sent here to do some mission for the better. She's talkative, bubbly, curious about everything, and also not shy, Heejin is somehow the opposite of Mina.

After a few more hours of talking, I needed to leave since I needed to attend a meeting.

"Sorry, I can't accompany you to the meeting." Mina said.

"It's fine, I can do it. Just stay here with Heejin, she needed you more." I said.

"Are you leaving already Ms. Handsome?" I look at Heejin and nodded her head.

I giggled when I saw her pouting her lips.

"Don't worry, I'll be back later." I said.

"Promise?"

"Promise, I'll be back with a gift." I said.

"Really? Yey!" She joyfully shouted.

"So you need to behave and listen to your mommy, okay?"

"Ne, I will behave. Please be back okay? I'll be waiting with mommy." Heejin said and I nodded my head to assure her.

Mina walks me to the door.

"Hey, are you sure that you will come back later?" Mina asked.

"Yeah, and I already promised at Heejin that I will be back." I said.

"Fine, drive safely okay? See you later."

I hugged her and hugs her back.

"See you later my love." I said.

"Hmm, see you, thank you for understanding me even though I haven't explained anything to you." 

"It's nothing, I'll always understand you because I love you."