Chapter 28

This was like a dream come true for Amy. Bryan, the only man she desires, the love of her life, her heart beat, was kissing her. His kiss was so much different from that of Kyle. His kiss was passionate, it was filled with love and longing, like he too wanted it.

It wasn't clear to Amy if she was in one of her dreams or reality, but she didn't want this moment to end. She wanted to savour the moment and cherish it, for as long as she lived. She wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss, expressing her own emotions through the kiss.

After what felt like an eternity, they both reluctantly pulled away from the kiss to catch their breath.

Amy didn't remove her arms that she had earlier placed around Bryan's neck because she didn't want to wake up from this beautiful dream.

Bryan gently rested his forehead against Amy's and slowly opened his eyes. Amy's eyes were still closed, and he found it beautiful.

"I can't say what you want me to say, because... I love you, Amy... Unlike you, I don't know when or how it happened, but one thing I'm sure of, is, that I love you." Bryan finally confessed his guilty secret.

He had no idea when or how he started developing feelings for Amy, but it happened, and he was ashamed of himself. He realized his behavior towards her weren't just normal when suddenly she was the only thing that consumed his thoughts.

He, in return wanted to do everything in his power to make her happy, to bring that beautiful smile on her face, to be the shoulder she could cry on, although he never wants to see her cry. He wanted to be her safe haven.

Bryan knew that his feelings towards Amy weren't proper, so he tried to push it away. He tried to stay as far away as he could from her, to help rid himself of the feelings. That is why he sometimes travels on business trips that didn't necessarily need his presence, but all his efforts proved abortive. His feelings for her grew stronger, rather than fade away.

His only conviction that what he feels towards her would never become a reality, was the fact that she was young, social and didn't think of him in that manner, but he was wrong.

Bryan knew he was playing with fire, but he couldn't help it. He couldn't lie about his true feelings when it was eating him up.

Bryan's confession brought tears to Amy's eyes. She was flabbergasted. Not once in all her wildest dreams did she imagine Bryan saying those words back to her. This is indeed a dream come true.

"Amy... We can never be." Bryan concluded in a whisper, after giving this a serious thought.

Amy's eyes instantly opened at Bryan's statement. What is he trying to say?

"What do you mean?... I thought you just said you love me?" She inquired, just to make certain she heard his confession correctly.

"I do, I really do. But this...
this is wrong." He replied, deciding to be honest with himself and with Amy.

"What is wrong in loving you?"

"Everything, princess."

"Don't call me that!" Amy yelled, wiping a stray tear from her eye.

She knew what he was trying to do. He wants to cajole her into letting go of her feelings because he thinks this is only a crush. What does he think she is? A twelve year old?

"Amy, you have to understand me... I don't want to put you in a situation where your feelings are hurt." Bryan tried to explain.

"That would only happen if you don't love me."

"People are going to say a lot of hurtful things.." he explained further.

"I don't care, Bryan... As long as I'm with you, I don't care what people say." She replied, not giving in to any of his excuses.

Bryan let out a heavy sigh. Amy was making this more difficult than he had expected. She is as stubborn as her father. He scratched the back of his neck, mentally slapping himself for making Amy cry again. He took a deep breath and decided to open up to her, to tell her the reason above all others why they can never be together. If she didn't care about anyone else, she would definitely care what this person thinks.

"Henry will never allow it."

At the mention of her dad's name, Amy stopped crying. Her dad is super protective of her from when she was little, that is no surprise, but he loves her and will accept whoever she chooses to be with.

"I can talk to him." She quietly said, already thinking of different ways to break the news to her dad.

"You don't understand... Henry will literally kill me for being with his daughter."

"No, my dad isn't like that... He'll get upset when he finds out, but with time he'll get over it." Amy countered.

"You don't know Henry." Bryan stated.

He knew his best friend more than anyone else. He knew Henry's temper was something you don't want to mess with. He has a violent temper, especially when his ego, his family or the people he cares about is being trifled with.

"You're his best friend, if you talk to him, he'll listen to you." Amy said, interrupting his thoughts.

Bryan shook his head in disagreement because Amy was wrong. Being Henry's best friend was the more reason why nothing can ever happen between them.

"Please, Amy. I don't want you to get on Henry's bad side."

"I can't continue living like this, Bryan."

"I'm sorry." He apologized and was about to take his leave, but Amy stopped him.

"We can keep it away from him." She suggested as she couldn't think of anything else.

Amy's offer sounded tempting, but Bryan wasn't ready to take that road.

"Amy, I'm sorry. I ca-"

"I-I can wait... We can keep our relationship a secret, until you're ready to tell my dad. Please Bryan, don't say no." Amy pleaded with desperation in her voice.

At this point she didn't care if she was his secret, all she wants is to be with the man she loves.

"Is that what you truly want?" Bryan carefully asked, searching Amy's eyes for answers. It was clearly written on her face, but he wanted to hear her say it.

"Yes." Was her simple reply.