Chapter five

Chapter five

 Rubbing soothing circles on my small swollen baby bump. I promised my baby there and then, that I will never shed another tear for his or hers father. He was the one that was going to lose out on his child's life and as bad as I felt for leaving my baby fatherless, I knew I was doing the right thing by not telling him. On thinking straight for once, I deleted the message knowing it would be best for both my baby and I.

 This was it! From tonight onwards I was going to move on with my life. There was no more thinking of Jaxon and all the what ifs. From here on out it was going to be my baby and me. I was going to make the most of the next five months and get myself together ready for my baby's arrival.  On that note I jumped out of bed and switched my laptop on and began typing out a list of the things I needed to do.

The next morning, I was rudely woken up by my two crazy friends banging the door down. It was as if they hadn't even been asleep yet because they were still out of their heads. They kept going on and on about how I should've gone off with Joshua and how he had done nothing but talk about me after I had left. However much it thrilled me. It also aggravated me. Yes he stirred something deep inside of me but he also brought out the devil in me. He was the last type of man I needed to get mess up with. No. I needed to stay away from him! In fact I needed to stay away from men period. I needed to keep my head clear and in order to do that I just had to stay focused.

 Once I had managed to drag their drunken asses to bed, I showered and dressed ready to start tackling my list of to do's.

 Just as I got into my car my cell started ringing. Deciding it would be better to ignore it, I started the car and was going to go and hand some CV's in first.  I had found some companies online that were hiring candidates fresh out of college. With my high grades and the outstanding references I had received, I knew I should have no problem getting a call back. The problem was were they going to take on a pregnant woman. I wasn't stupid enough to not know the answer to that but then again I had to try didn't I? Surely there was going to be at least one company out there that would take me on. Well I hoped to God there was because the minute I'm out of college I was going to be penniless with a load of loans hanging heavily over my head.

Come lunch time I decided to have a break and stop at a little restaurant. I had called Elle to come and join me and they were now on their way to meet me.

Waiting outside for them to arrive, it was nice to actually have a break. I hadn't stopped all morning and things were finally looking good for me for a change. I had even managed to get an interview today which went great. Now I just had to wait and see who would call.

"Hey girlie, you look great!" I heard Elle greet me before I even spotted her ha ha. "Hey."  I greeted them both. Linking my arm Elle, Lisa and I made our way inside the restaurant where a girl showed us to a booth by the window. 

"Well come on, tell me what you two got up to after I left last night?" I asked while wiggling my eye brows. Elle rolled her eyes at me but Lisa bless her blushed the colour of a tomato. Letting me know that she had done a lot more than she usually would've. Elle was the first to spill and poor Lisa just sat there looking mortified as Elle told me every detail about Lisa first. Then just as the subject changed to Joshua the waitress came over to take our orders, saving me from having to hear whatever it was they had to say. I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought of him but I wasn't going to tell them that. I couldn't have him and if they knew I liked him then they would talk me into going back to the club tonight.

Lunch was over too quickly for my liking but luckily for me we never finished talking about what happened after I had left. All I was told was Lisa had made out with some hunk of a man and they all stayed in the club drinking until they got dropped of this morning. Elle ended up with the man who had brought us up to the VIP section which I knew she had even before they told me. To say I was feeling a little jealous was an understatement. It not only gave me a major wake up call to my reality but it also made me feel like I didn't belong with them anymore. I know I was being stupid but I couldn't help how I felt.    

The week that started out great, soon took a turn for the worst. Texts from, who I can only think was Jaxon, continued to bombard my inbox. However, after the third text from him more a less begging me to reply to his texts, I stopped opening them and started deleting them the minute they came in. I didn't want to read them because I had to leave him well and truly in my past where he belonged. He was no longer in my life and that's the way I planned for it to stay. I still loved him, well at least I think its love but he had made his choice and now he would just have to live with it just like I have to.

 The only difference is, I might be alone and near on penniless but I'm happy and content with having this baby and raising it on my own now. Where he on the other hand mustn't be that happy if he's texting me non-stop.   

Elle and Lisa kept trying to make me go out with them and I just kept using the same excuse of I'm skint in hope to shut them up. Nevertheless, with them having so much money that wasn't working out very well for me, so after a lot of arguing I finally gave in. In result, I am now getting dressed against my greatest will, with Elle and Lisa hovering behind me as if I was going to do a runner at any given minute. Well in all honesty. I sure as hell would've if I could. Not that they know that but then again I think they do by the way they're watching my every move.

I've got a crazy feeling they're up to something because they have never acted like this and as much as I'm slyly digging for hints they aren't given me nada. I swear though, if they think they are setting me up with someone then so help me god I will kill them and I mean literally.

"Oh for heaven's sake Isabella, if you go any slower the night is going to be over before we even leave. I swear she's doing this on purpose Lisa." Lisa just gave me a look as if to say Elle is right. 'Oh God' I mentally mumbled feeling more frustrated and nervous than ever. "Ok I'm ready! Happy?"  I shouted feeling exasperated.

 "Very. now let's go." Lisa replied whilst pushing me gently out of my room and down the stairs. It's a good job I already had my clutch bag and keys because the two of them ushered me straight out the front door. I thought I was driving but seeing a cab out front I began to feel uneasy. How was I meant to escape or leave when I wanted to when I haven't got my car? Mentally panicking I hadn't even realized they had sat me in the car until the car pulled off.

*****************************

Oh my god where are they taking her???

Is Isabella right to feel nervous?

or do you think they are just getting her out of the house?

Please vote comment follow

Much love Mel xoxo