Chapter 20 - The Tears of Family

~Sorry this took so long! I've been a bit lazy lately. Lol.~

Slight TW: Blood

Previously: The world slowed. Time slowed.

I ran to Bill. I needed to save him. I couldn't live without him. I can't!

BANG!

"NOOO!"

3rd Person POV

"NOOO!" Dipper yelled as he stood a few feet away from Bill. He didn't get there in time.

But Mabel did.

She slowly looked toward Dipper and gave him a small, genuine smile.

"Mabel..." Dipper took a step forward then ran to her as she fell. He caught her. "O-Oh...Mabel..." Dipper trembled as he softly caresses her cheek. "Someone! Call the ambulance! Please!!" He begged. Bill immediately grabbed someone's phone and began to dial. Dipper looked at the bullet hole; it was near her left shoulder. A red substance began to fill around the wound. Dipper then looked at Ford. He was in shock and dropped his gun. He took a step back as they locked eyes.

"We have to put pressure on the wound. The ambulance will come soon." Bill sat next to Dipper and put his hands on the wound. His hands dyed red as Mabel hissed at the pressure.

"Y-Your going to be o-okay, okay? Don't give up on us." Dipper's eyes began to tear. He gave his sister a peck on the forehead. He looked to Bill, who was holding the wound. Mabel's shirt, her brightly colorful sweater, was being stained by the bullet wound. Dipper cringed at the sight of it and kept his focus on Bill.

"Mabel's going to be alright. I promise. She's one tough shooting star. Nothing can make her fall." He assured. Dipper slowly nodded; he continued to look at Mabel, her face relaxed as she fell into unconsciousness. Dipper held onto her tight.

Shortly, ambulance sounds were heard. The first responders quickly drove up to the shack and ran to Mabel. Dipper knew he had to let go so, he did. For Mabel's sake. He watched them carry Mabel into the car in a stretcher.

As they began to leave, Dipper looked at Bill than to Grunkle Stan's car. Bill got the message and hurried to the vehicle with Dipper behind. Bill got to the driver's seat while Dipper took the passengers. Pacifica ran to them and got in the backseat.

"Woah. Kids." Grunkle Stan sped to his car but was too late. The three followed the ambulance leaving everyone behind. Stan stared at his brother, who was now on the floor. "Stanford! What were you thinking?!" He yelled. Stan barely could look at his brother but continued. "You were so focused on killing Bill you hurt Mabel! Mabel! Your great-niece!"

"He's not worth it, Mr. Pines." Wendy intercepted. "We have to get to the hospital." Stan took one more glance at Ford. He scoffed and followed Wendy to Soos's car.

"I'll drive, dudes," Soos told them and got into the driver's seat. Stanley nodded and got into the seat next to them. Wendy went to the backseat and Soos drove off.

Everyone else was still in shock. The new person in town was Bill Cipher. Even if they didn't know him for long, they slightly liked him. But he was the triangle demon all along? Some scoffed at their trustworthiness, some stood silent, and some began to think.