Astrid- The Trip

It was finally the day I have been anticipating. My stomach churned with both anxiety and excitement. I am going to Gorror! No, that word does not mean gorey horror. It is the name of my new summer school, Gorror Tower School. I was excited to meet new people and explore a new place, it would be a nice change in pace. This is the first year in my high school career my mom considered leaving me at a summer school camp. Unfortunately my grades have been dropping since my depression has been getting worse. I knew the summer school would be better than my regular school, being I got bullied constantly, another thing adding into my depression and bad grades. I would be getting a fresh start.
    I've heard so many great things about Gorror: they have classes of all varieties, many trades you could practice, and even a handful of clubs. It was supposedly a huge campus full of secrets and surprises, I couldn't wait to explore. I would be staying there all summer, residing in one of their dorms.
    Of course with anything, there were some bad reviews and rumors that kept a multitude of people from going and leaving them asking why I would want to attend this particular school. I heard it is haunted and full of monsters, real ones. Either way I am eager to arrive, whether said rumors are true or not. Even if there are monsters, it would be a much needed adventure for me.
    We pulled off the highway in a sudden sharp turn, my luggage shifting noisily in the back. Then after a short while the road broke through some thick skeletons of trees. Why did the school seem so desolate and far out from anything to do? What would keep me busy over the weekends, when classes didn't occur? There were trees everywhere, hours from anything or anywhere.
    Bump. Bump. Bump.
    Eventually the creepy trees cleared and we drove on a gravelly road surrounded by a field. Grassy bumps of dirt, nearly hills surrounding us. We passed a long forgotten, rusty vehicle and then- There it was.
    It was beautiful, gothic towers and turrets shooting up as if they longed to scrape the sky. The walls were smooth, faded, stone bricks. Many windows arched at the top with intricate designs surrounding their delicate frames. Thick armies of plants, mostly ivy and moss laced the sides and the door was two symmetrical wood rectangles sporting a beautiful brass knocker. I could already tell i would love this place.
    "What do you think?" my mom finally spoke up as we arrived at the parking lot.
    "I am actually excited for this, this architecture is incredible, Mom," I replied a strong answer despite my mom was actually the one forcing me here.
    "Remember your studies come before your exploring. I know how you are. You need to focus."
    I did not offer back a response to her shrewd answer.
    When we came to a complete stop, i got out, still no more words to my mother.
    "Goodbye, sweet-''
    I slammed the door before she could finish her sentence. I did not have an attitude, me and my mother's relationship was simply like this, we did not really connect. I knew she did what she thought was best for me, but I never seem to get to put my own word in.
    I frowned, knowing it might be a while before I saw her again. This school was strict with its rules, and no one beside staff and students were allowed past the gates.
    I finally gave in and blew my mom a goodbye kiss as she stared at me.
    I went back to the trunk and opened it. Grabbing all my luggage was difficult, three large suitcases filled to bursting. One went under my arm, barely, and the other two in my hands. They were heavy, making it a difficult task. I hoped I would end up on the first floor.