54. DEAD, BTW

GOY
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: DEAD, BTW

sleeping beauty: hey, we could have really used your help today

sleeping beauty: hey, we could have really used your help today. i miss you a lot. stiles is dead, btw.

aurora stared down at her phone as it illuminated her face. chocolate eyes read over the message again and again, a pout drawing on her cherry lips before she sighed. she couldn't lie to her beloved cousin, not even after everything he'd put her through.

sleeping beauty: okay, i take that back. he's not dead. kind of. it's hard to explain. but it'll be fine. it's all fine. hope you're safe. love you.

rory knew that she shouldn't be giving him the time of day, especially after what he did to her. but she couldn't help it. compassion was practically her native language; it was hard to hold grudges. as her phone shut off her honey eyes trailed back over to the three in the bathtubs, specially the one in the centre.

they hadn't moved in hours.

"a-are we sure they're still alive?" the short girl looked over to deaton, heart pounding in nervousness. lydia looked up from her phone too, eyes softening as aurora's hands began to shake.

"they'll be fine." isaac answered for the vet, heightened ears picking up on her trembling heart. the blonde boy sent the blonde girl a halfhearted smile as she absentmindedly fiddled with her fingers. little knee sock clad legs swung back and fourth from her seat upon the table, her trainers occasionally bumping into one another. the waiting game was hell.

aurora would have given isaac a smile back, if it weren't for the three bodies jumping out of the ice water at the exact same time. her phone slammed to the floor as she jumped in shock, accidentally slipping off of the table. paying no thought to the pain, she instantly scrambled up and over to her lover, going to help him up. relief filled every fibre of her body — he was still alive.

a gulp was audible as she watched stiles pull himself out of the bathtub. with his black shirt and jeans wet and tight against his body, raven hair flat against his forehead and thick chest rising and falling with rapid breaths, she had to clench her thighs together. despite being dead only minutes ago, her lover was still fine as anything.

her fragile arms were wrapped around him in an instant, though she wasn't much help getting him out of the bathtub due to her lack of any upper body strength. still, her lover gripped onto her, his heart pounding. it was unusual to feel stiles so cold, deadly cold, for he was always like a radiator.

"i saw it! i know where it is!" scott proclaimed as he jumped out of the tub.

"yeah, we passed it. there was this stump. this huge tree. w-well, it's not huge anymore." as stiles spoke rory pushed his hair away from his eyes, a thousand kisses being pressed to his cold shoulders. "it was cut down. but it's still big, though. very big."