36: Apparently babe!

• Author •

Author •

Pushing the blinds to the left, Vikram leaned in towards the window, as he caught a glimpse of them leaving in a car.

"No one would judge you, if you wanna join..... even now" Vikram turned back and saw Anika enter.

"I wouldn't " Vikram turned away, as he continued, "Why didn't you leave?"

"Without you? Huh that's not happening "Anika faked a smile.

"I clearly told you that I won't be joining y'all the other day itself." Vikram turned away.

"Is that because your assistant, Vinay is currently hunting for a man with a scar right under his left eye?" Anika raised her eyebrows with her tone stern, as Vikram turned back with a jerk.

Her eyes narrowed, as he understood that she knew almost everything. Almost.

"Vinay? He spilled it?" Vikram put his head up in the air, utterly disappointed and his blood shooting up his head.

"I have sources too Vikram. Forget that. Now,tell me, what's going on? What are you hiding from everyone?"

"Nothing!" Vikram walked away, as Anika turned him back, making him face her.

"This is nothing Vikram? Who is this guy you are hunting? A scar under his left eye? Who is he? And for God sake, why is Vinay trying to locate this guy for weeks?"

"Anika, forget everything you just said and stay away from this. That would be the best for you...and everyone."

"Seeing you indulged in something dark and disturbing, wouldn't be the best for me Vikram. What's going on, tell me! Let me help you to solve this, Please" Anika looked at him concerned, yet sad.

"Well.....There is someone out there.....who wants me dead." Vikram opened the mini fridge and grabbed a tin drink out.

"Someone...what?"

"Woah wait wait!! Vikram.. Vikram if this is one of your jokes then you better stop it right now" Anika stammered. 

"I'm not in the mood for that, Anika" He opened the tab ring on the tin can, as the carbonated drink splashed out a bit.

"I am not understanding anything!" Anika sat down on the couch, perturbed. 

"Ahh come on Ani, just Chill!" Vikram sat beside her, taking a sip.