CHAPTER 82

"That just got depressing all of a sudden" Angelica chuckled. 

Although she could not believe it herself, she was able to find comfort from the least expected person. She was happy that it was Gilbert.

"Yes. It did" answered Gilbert.

They might fight and argue like five-year-olds. But at the end of the day, he was no different from family.

"Grumpy Grandpa"

Gilbert continued patting her back. Even though he would never admit it, to him, she was the daughter that he never had. One minute they would quarrel like it was the end of the world and the next minute it would turn into a father-daughter bonding session.

There were times when Lorenz was jealous of Gilbert for spending time with his daughter more than him, that he barged in unannounced and carried her away. 

It was so absurd to the point that it left everyone in the residence speechless and confused, including Angelica herself.

"Stupid brat"

Still in each other's arms, they started their usual banter. Yet contrary to the words being said, there was a warm smile on each of their faces.

And it need not be voiced out to know that they love each other dearly.

"Stubborn old man"

"Noisy teenager"

*knock* *knock*

Angelica and Gilbert looked towards the direction of the sound at the same time.

Ralvol was standing at the door with a tray in his hands. He was smiling at the duo with a heartwarming expression.

""What!?"" Angelica and Gilbert asked at the same time.

"I brought some tea to calm your nerves" Ralvol came in and placed the tea on Gilbert's desk.

Angelica and Gilbert let go of each other and went back to their respective seats.

"Bitter!" Gibert yelled towards Ralvol who was organizing the books stacked at the corner of the room.

"Where is the damn sugar!"

"The doctor said you shouldn't take anything sweet for a few days" Ralvol answered calmly and went back to the task at hand.

"Like I care. Just bring the damn thing!" Gilbert continued to roar.

Ralvol ignored all the curses being thrown at him and continued to organize the books.

"Ughh....I feel ominous just by looking at it" said Angelica, taking a glimpse of the golden brown liquid inside the cup.

"Maybe I'm scarred for life" 

She cautiously took a sip and almost immediately placed it down. The trauma from the tea drugging incident was still fresh in her mind.

"That reminds me Grandpa" Angelica looked at Gilbert with expectations in her eyes.

"Do you by chance have something that could detect any kind of.....let's say 'undesirable substances' in the stuff that we eat"

"Hmmm" 

Gilbert fell into deep thought. He opened the bottom drawer of the cabinet behind him and pulled out a leather box.

"This might be just the thing" He said, opening the box and picking up a small silver ring.

"A ring?" Angelica tilted her head.

"Not just any ring. It is made of compressed azreck crystal embedded in pure silver" Gilbert started explaining.