Part 53 - Their Birth

Hetal's POV

The old woman helps me with my labor pain and after a few whiles, my child was seen. Tears of happiness were rolling down my eyes. The baby started to cry before the umbilical cord was cut. The woman cut the umbilical cord and then, told me it's a baby boy. 

She then slowly kept him on my chest so that I can feed him his first milk, because even I had read somewhere that, it's best to try to breastfeed your baby in the first hour after birth. 

It was messy, emotional, and utterly blissful, but soon the door got open and Riya walked in and told the old women, "aaya take this cloth and wrap it around the child and give it to me." I looked at the women and joined my hands and begged her that she should not give it to her.

But Riya removed a gun and kept it on the old women's temple and said, "If you want to be alive? Give it. Otherwise, after killing you I will take it anyway because I know Hetal you are helpless, you cannot do anything in this condition."

I looked at the old woman and she hands my son to her. Tears were following down from my eyes. I wiped them and try to sit up but failed. So I yelled at Riya, "Riya why are doing this to me? what did I do? Give me my son back?" but stop as I felt the contractions again. But I tried to mask it up.

Riya came near me and said, "answer to your questions is that honey, you are my biggest enemy, you stole my Rudra from me," then she chuckled and continue "I want my revenge from you and Rudra so I'm stealing your son and going away. It's your and Rudra's punishment."

She stood up, holding my son, and went towards the door. But stop and turn behind and said to the old woman, "aaya lagta hai tuj ko marne ka bahot shok hai, is liye nahi aa rahi." (It seems like you want to die so you are not coming) 

she shook her head in no and said she is coming with her but not before a concerned glance and whispering to me, "That's all I could manage to do for you. If you and your unborn baby survive this, please find it in your heart to forgive me. Be strong and gather your strength. Your next delivery will be tougher! Don't seek revenge, and go away from that man. He is mad."

"Hey lady, don't you want to come then I will shoot you here?" Riya shouted at the midwife (aaya) impatiently indicating her to rush.

"I'm coming right away," the old woman answered helplessly. She wiped away the sweat from my forehead, and said, "Please take care of yourself and gather the strength to survive this."
After their departure, I was the only one left all alone in the empty and huge room bleeding on the floor. Without turning around, they left and the door got closed immediately.

Third Person's POV

The other baby seemed to be a good and understanding child already. As when Riya was hovering around, she remained silent within Hetal's belly. So after they left Hetal felt the child coming

Soon she heard Rudra's voice echoing from one corner. As Rudra, Abhi and Yash were afraid of being found, they had parked their car away from the warehouse. 

The minute they arrived, they saw a black SUV followed by two other cars leaving. They were worried about Hetal's safety, so they all rushed in immediately to her aid.

They were stunned at the sight of the blood everywhere and Hetal helplessly lying on the ground. Rudra quickly walked towards her and Abhi and Yash turn around. As they cannot see her in this condition as Abhi was her brother and Yash her brother-in-law, but they were petrified and stood back facing them

"What's happening?" Rudra anxiously asked and took Hetal in his arms. He quickly realized that it was not time to figure out what was going on. The priority was to keep Hetal alive.

"Help our unborn baby, Rudra..." Hetal pleaded in a weak and shaky voice, as she gripped Rudra's clothes.

"Baby?" Rudra murmured to himself with a confused expression. As soon as he noticed the blood on the ground, he thought that Hetal had lost their babies.

Hetal struggled to nod at him. "Yes, there is still one left."

"Don't worry about our baby," Rudra instinctively answered. "The most important thing is to save your life."

"No..." Hetal uttered, as she reached out and grasped Rudra with her hand full of blood.

Rudra froze in shock to see her bloody hands. He could not believe his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Rudra exclaimed. He was mad at himself. He blamed himself for what just happened.

"Listen to me... keep our baby safe," Hetal insisted. "Please... Rudra. If I'm dead, then raise him or her like we always dream", she took a pause and then continue, "will you?" she pleaded.

Hetal looked so pale. Her eyes were full of frustration and desperation as if she was losing hope. "If you have to choose between me and our baby, please keep the baby. I don't want to live anymore," she desperately pleaded.

Rudra could not take this anymore so he yelled at her, " stop this bull shit wifey, you are not going anywhere, I won't let you go."

But then to she wanted this vow from him so she kept her palm in front of him.

"Don't say that!" Rudra answered. Rudra feared that he might lose his wifey at any moment if she kept exhausting her energy. To reassure her, he said, "I promise both you and our baby will be safe." 

He quickly took off his coat and folded his sleeves.

He could see the head of the child. So he quickly went there to hold it.

Yash and Abhi went out of the room. After a few whiles, the child was out. It was a baby girl. Tears of happiness flowed his eyes. 

The child started crying and Rudra did not know what to next but to their luck within a second after her birth, the door open and Dr. Zoya came in with two nurses and took the child from Rudra's hand and cut the umbilical cord.

Zoya asked Hetal about the second child, which she told, Riya took and it was a baby boy and then slowly became unconscious. She was too tired with all this.

The nurse brought a cloth from the ambulance along with two men and a stretcher. Before they come in Zoya covered her properly and made her lie on the stretcher with the help of Rudra and took her to the Khan Hospital.

Rudra sat in the ambulance and Yash and Abhi followed them in the car.

Once they reached Khan hospital the baby was taken to NICU (NICU stands for "neonatal intensive care unit." ) as it was born early. Zoya doubts that she might have health problems, as she got a difficult birth. So she decides to get around-the-clock care from a team of experts as they can do it as most of these babies go to the NICU within 24 hours of birth.

Hetal was taken to ICU for under observation as the situation was not normal and she has lost a lot of blood.

So it was decided to keep her in ICU for a day or two downstairs and then shift her to a private room on the 12th floor which was for VIP.

Yash used his contact and asked a few local street gangsters about Dilawar and they came to know that Mr. Zaid Khan can help him. So he told Rudra about it as they were new business partners.

Rudra called Zaid and told him that he wants to meet. He came to know that Zaid is also on the 12th floor and the hospital is owned by the Khan Brothers.

Rudra and Abhi went together to meet him and after meeting and giving the information and recording of Hetal, Zaid promises that he will try his level best to find the infant and bring him back in the next 36 hours.