Bonus chapter: A weird kiss

She told me she trusted me, and I showed her my appreciation as she had taught me. Although, apart from that, I kissed her because that 'something' inside me was screaming for me to do it. And now I brought her to put her in the jaws of death.

I thought that somehow, she would know that I had something planned and that I was pretending to be ruthless like them, but I heard her cry behind that door, and I knew that I had broken everything I had achieved with her, that now she hated me, just as I assumed, just as I feared.

I had to go to my town to ensure that Orion's men would stop watching Mom.

"Mother, forgive me for putting you under stress," I asked with my head down.

"Don't worry. The important thing is that you have finished the mission."

"Yes... as for that... I must go back."

"Aren't you finished?"

"Y-yes, but... I must come back. Do not worry. No problems, it's just... I'll be back, mother, don't worry."

I bowed my head goodbye and left.

I didn't feel calm having left Marien alone with them, and I did right in returning because when I arrived, they were with her in her cell, and what I saw unleashed another internal beast. The beast that woke up when Marien was in danger. It was something I never thought would happen with a human.

Altair had her against the wall, suffocating her. Before I stopped to think, I had run and pushed him so hard that he fell and looked at me with surprise and fury.

I clenched my fists to contain myself.

"So you came back," Altair muttered, standing up.

They had already given me a break to see Mom and join a young woman, which I didn't do. I wanted Marien somehow.

"Move," Orion growled.

"I thought I asked you not to hurt her," I challenged.

"Sirius, move," Orion insisted, taking a couple of steps forward. I could smell his fury.

I knew how aggressive he was; his strength was more significant than mine, but he wouldn't jump into a fight here. It would look bad in front of a human, and his pride was greater. I had to think quickly of something that would make them stop hurting her because I couldn't stand it. I could attack, and that was also dangerous. For me, but especially for her.

"I did the job. Now listen. If it hadn't been for her, I wouldn't have been able to come back. The least I can do is ask for you not to make her suffer."

"Do you want to put your little honor on the line?"

"I only do what I think is fair. I owe her this. And I hate owing things, worse if it's to a human."

Finally, he seemed to fall for what I said. True, the old Sirius would mind owing something to humans.

"In that case, you will kill her since you are better than us at not causing pain."

I knew he wouldn't let her go, but I was relieved after learning I had a better chance of getting her out of there by being in charge.

"I have no problem with that."

He smirked.

"Now make her sleep. We need to continue."

I turned slowly to face her after I betrayed her, and she had tears in her eyes. She disarmed me, but I had to keep up appearances.