12- In Plain Sight

You stared at yourself in the mirror while Vivian put the finishing touches on your dress. It was a ballgown with a low-cut bust and long sleeves that showed off your shoulders. It was colored a deep blue like the bottom of the ocean with shimmering crystals and sequins decorating the dress. It had been a while since you wore something as nice as this and it reminded you of home.

The boat you were on that was taking you to Sayaria swayed with the evening water. Despite Yoongi being around you couldn't help but feel nervous. There were so many things that could go wrong, even the smallest mistake could cause the plan to go wrong but you didn't have much of a choice. You were going over the plan in your head to make sure you were prepared.

You and Jimin would be out on the floor of the grand hall mingling with guests to gather information. While Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jungkook would be watching in the shadows to make sure you were safe. Yoongi would stay near you and Jimin the whole time as he wanted to ensure nothing would happen to you and Seokjin would be looking for anyone held captive.

You snapped out of your thoughts as Vivian finished up your hair then gently put a royal blue mask on with a large white feather on one of the corners of the mask for you to wear to the celebration. You held on tightly to the necklace that Taehyung had given to you while Vivian ensured your dress was secure.

"Vivian," You began, "Would you mind giving me a moment to myself?"

"Of course, Princess. We'll be arriving in about fifteen minutes, I'll come to get you when we're docked." She replied, you nodded in response as she left, leaving you to your thoughts.

You stared at yourself in the mirror, you didn't know exactly what you were anticipating but you stood there, waiting. Perhaps you had expected to see your mother one last time before risking your life, but then you figured that if things did go south, you would get to see her again anyways. You shook your head at yourself in an attempt to ward off your thoughts and gather your confidence.

"Darling," You heard a disembodied voice echo around you, you weren't afraid, in fact, you were comforted, as you recognized the voice as your mother's. You couldn't see her anywhere as you had on the boat before, but you could feel her presence in the room. You closed your eyes and imagined her standing before you.

"Mother, why are you here?" You questioned allowed.

"I figured you might want a familiar face to see you off." She replied you could tell by the tone of her voice that she was worried about you.

"Thank you... do you think this will work?"

"My dear, I wish I could tell you what happens but if I did, then you would do everything in your power to prevent it, and then it wouldn't happen."

"What do you mean? Is it something bad?"

"Ah, I've already said too much..." She paused, "Promise me one thing, darling."

"What is it?"

"Promise to put yourself before anyone else while you're here."

"Why..?" You questioned.

"Just promise me." She responded you hesitated before finally speaking up.

"I promise."

"Good, you've almost arrived at your destination so unfortunately I must go, just know that I love you my darling."

"I love you too mother..." You imagined her form reaching her hand out to you so you reached out to her only to feel the cold mirror that stood before you and you opened your eyes, only to see your reflection staring back at you instead of your mother.