Chapter 4

Oct 03rd; 2:04pm; in the elevator

"What are you doing?" Venom asked me while I typed a text message for Mr. Stark. "I am asking where the fuck this Gym is, in which I am going to train, idiot." "If you want to go to the gym, you have to visit the 90th floor. You are currently on the 87th, the living and guest area." I jumped up, by the sudden appearance of the voice in the walls. "My name is Jarvis, Miss Brock. Nice to meet you." "Are you always, like listening?" I asked and pressed the button for the 90th floor. "Yes, Miss Brock."

"Uhm, well could you please not tell people that I am talking to myself?" "You are not talking to yourself, you are talking to me." "No shit Sherlock." I answered the annoying parasite inside me. "Of course." "Thank you Jarvis." I leaned back and put one of my headphones in. Listening to music is keeping Venom busy, and he won't talk as much as usual. I relaxed a bit, before hearing a Bing: the elevator stopped and the doors opened. I walked out and looked around. "Over here!" I turned around and saw Clint Barton waving at me and I walked up to him.

"You are late." Romanoff said while punching a punching back. "Oh really? Didn't even notice." I rolled my eyes and saw Barton holding in a small laughter. "Okay, So Brock why don't you show us what you can do?" Sam, who was also in the room with the rest of the team, asked me. "Uhm yeah why not." I looked around and saw a gun laying on a small black table. I grabbed it and gave it Clinton. "Shoot me." His eyes widen, and he stared at me and then back at the gun.

"I am not going to do that." "Well, what about you Steve." I looked over to Rogers who was shaking his head. "Fine, I'll do it myself." "NO!" Steve yelled, but I just grabbed the gun and shoot myself in the stomach. I fell to the ground and hold my wound. "Why did you do that?" Steve asked and knelled beside me staring at the blood coming out of my body. "Don't worry." Venom finally decided to help me. The others stared at me in disbelief as the skin around my wound turned black, closed itself, then turned back to my skin color and the black liquid disappeared. I jumped up and put my thumbs up. "So your body, just does that?" Dr Banner asked me, still looking at my stomach. "That's so cool." Wilson said, jumping up like a little girl. "Yeah I guess it is cool." I smiled awkwardly at him.

"Can you now to the tentacle thing?" I looked confused at him until I realized what he meant. "Oh that, no." I didn't want to show Venom too much when the two scientists are around, because I don't want them to do tests on us like the others did back in 2012. "Why not?" Wanda asked me and tilt her head to her side. "Yeah why not? I could show them how I eat." Venom laughed evilly. I took a deep breath and looked at them. "I can't really control it. It just does what it wants." "Liar" I smiled at them, but they just looked worried. "So, it could attack us any minute, and you can't control it?" Tony asked with his arms crossed. "No. Uhm it is a bit more complicated. You don't have to fear me."

3:54pm; gym

We trained for an hour and a half. First me and Romanoff. Venom helped me out a bit, by taking control over my movements sometimes, and we won. After that I fought against Captain America, which was a bit more exhausting, but we won again. I was just about to train with Loki, but I had to leave.

"Well that was fun, but I have to go now." I said while packing some of my stuff together. "Where are you going?" Tony asked and I turned to him. "I have a job interview in an hour and I don't want to be all sweaty when I get there." They looked at each other confused. "You do know that you don't have to pay rent, and that I pay for most of your stuff as long as you are an avenger." "Excuse me?" He laughed at me and came closer. "As long as you are here and work with us, I'll help you with your stuff, like: clothes, food, drinks and stuff like that it's not like I don't have enough money." I looked with a confused look at him. Is he being serious? "But I never agreed with being a part of your group." He raised one of his eyebrows. "I thought you want to be a part now that you live here?" "I don't live here, I am just staying for a few days, so you know I am not dangerous, and you leave me alone as long as I help you sometimes." "What?" He was clearly confused about my answer. "I thought that was the plan? After that I wanted to rent a cheap apartment here in Manhattan, and to afford that I need a real job."