Chapter Twenty-Six

Location: New Haven, Connecticut
Date: February 19th, 1950
Name: Stephen Dale Curtis
Age: thirty-nine

Dale watched as Eleanor huffed for the third time since they made it back to his house.

She was adorable. He smiled at her and pulled her into his arms.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked and she huffed again.

Eleanor looked up at Dale and forgot why she was sad for a second. He was so handsome. "I just wish that we could've just stayed. We have a house there," She tried reasoning with Dale, but she knew that they had to come back home.

She had to finish her last semester of school and Dale had to teach.

Dale chuckled and kissed her forehead. "That's true, but we have to pack our things, sell my house, get married, and finish school." He reached for his notebook and sat it on Eleanor's lap. "We need to figure a few things out while we still have the time," He murmured.

Eleanor didn't want to think about anything. That week-long break from reality was splendid. "What are we doing?" She asked exasperatedly.

Dale raised his eyebrows at her tone and pinched her cheek lightly. "I love you, princess." He loved her so much. He wanted to let her relax, but they needed to talk. "For starters, I need to talk to my base and ask about relocating to the Beverly Hills station. Once I get that straightened out we can start buying things for the house and put this one for sale," He explained while scribbling down key points for a smooth move across the country.

Eleanor ooed and then grimaced. "Oh, goodness. I have to tell my parents," She facepalmed and fell back into Dale's arms.

Dale rolled his eyes at the thought of Eleanor's ignorant parents. He didn't care if they knew about the move, they would probably say something about how he's brainwashed her.

"That's something we can do together," He said, leaving out the rest.

He scratched his head and thought of more things to write. "Uh, we're getting married on June 24, we can be successfully moved by the next day. I know a good moving company who does cross-country moving," He murmured and wrote down the company name.

Eleanor's eyes lit up. She was marrying Dale in four months! "I'm so excited!" She cheered and kissed his chin. "When we move, can we get a dog?" She brought up the same question she asked the day they got engaged.

"Yeah, sure." Dale was going to get her one before then, but they could put it off. "What do you want to do when you graduate? I know you were still deciding a while back, but I wouldn't see a problem with you being at home with the dog," He wanted Eleanor to do what she loved and if that meant she just sat with the dog and had endless free time, he didn't mind.

Eleanor turned over on Dale's stomach and smiled at him. "You're so sweet," She cooed and kissed him shortly. "I honestly have no clue what I want. Staying home with little Dale sounds nice, I could look around when we move and then make my final decision,"

Dale scoffed and shook his head. "Little Dale?"

Eleanor nodded happily and caressed his cheek. "Yeah, I like that name for our dog. Unless you have a better name," She challenged him with her daring eyes.

"Name him after that actor you love so much," He suggested, knowing that Eleanor would love it.

Her eyes sparkled as she grinned. "Ooh! I love that idea! We can name him Clark Gable, well, saying the last name would be too much. We can just name him Clark," She hummed and placed her head on Dale's chest.