29.

The entire clan was shocked. The leader of their kind had presented them all with a human.

A human female.

A human female swollen with pregnancy.

Hadean wasn't ashamed of Nara. For a millennium they hunted humans and destroyed their towns. They casted the humans away. Using their flesh for meat and their bones to pick their teeth.

Nara had told him about her blood not coming in on time. She looked up to him with no fear in her eyes. "I think I am pregnant."

Is it possible for a Giant to impregnate a human? Can she bear my fruit and bless me with younglings?

Hadean had grown to love the dark haired female. She was simply irresistible. Night after night, he snuck away from his hut to join her in the cave. It had become their nest.

Nara had looked him up and down, tugged on his red braided beard. "Hadean, I think I am pregnant."

He shook his head and fell to his knees. Pressing his huge head against her stomach, he closed his eyes and stopped breathing.

The quickly beating heartbeat fluttered amongst her belly. Sounding like it was traveling back and forth inside her womb.

Hadean brought a hand up to his face and caught a tear as it slid from his eye. He glanced up to his Nara with a smile. "You are."

He had been nervous.

I am the leader of Giants.

Nara knew the risk he was taking. The Giants could either accept what he was about to say or tear her to shreds. Force him to mate with another Giant and collect an heir.

She held his hand and walked through the little village they had built with her head held high. Ignoring the gasps and growls.

Hadean maintained his regal composure, but inside he felt himself slowly dying. Never had he been afraid to approach his kind with orders, but today would be the beginning of a new age.

"My Leader, why have you brought a human female to camp?"

He ignored the question and continued to the front of the camp. He felt his tiny human squeeze his hand in support. Hadean almost chuckled by the thought of Nara supporting him and his weight. There would be no way.

"My people come closer." Hadean ordered and turned to face everyone.

He didn't have to speak twice. They had already been following him. Each wanting a closer look at the swollen female.

"I have been given a message from our ancestors."

The crowd leaned in. A message hadn't been given in so long, no one could recount when.

"I have taken a human mate and filled her womb with my seed. She carries my heir to the leadership of the Giants."

A gasp went throughout the crowd and the rumble of voices filled the camp. Hadean held his hands up demanding silence.

"We have completed our mission."

"But the humans still remain?"

Hadean closed his eyes for a few heartbeats, hoping to keep his anger under control. "I know this. This female was sent to me for a reason. We are to stop immediately. We will take our people into the forests and mountains. We will live in huts and travel following the river system. Four tribes will be established."