14

Third Person POV:

Taehyung breathed out a long breath when he came out of the room. Mentally slapping himself for acting on impulse, he started walking toward the kitchen, he certainly couldn't leave the house right then.

Even if he wanted to do so ever so desperately.

He had reassured Jimin before coming here that he'd take care of Jungkook so leaving so abruptly just because he felt awkward would be dumb of him.

Speaking of being dumb, Taehyung mentally scolded himself for acting how he did back in the room. Acting so...friend-like.

Jungkook was clearly uncomfortable during the whole exchange, it was obvious.

How his hands were tightly clasped next to him, eyes wide and breath hitched. The black-haired male had looked so taken back, Taehyung felt the rush of embarrassment hit him once again.

Now, hugging shouldn't be so big of a deal, if that awkward exchange can even qualify as one. But keeping in view their current relationship, it was really stupid of him.

He shouldn't have hugged him all of a sudden, this was the nth time Taehyung had repeated that to himself.

He once again thought about why he did that as he slowly marched around the kitchen counter, mindlessly feeling up the marbled counter top.

Jungkook had looked so stressed talking—shouting at him moments before. It was like a version of Jungkook he saw for the first time.

Seeing the person he believed to be the strongest no matter how hard things got, so tired of everthing, made his insides churn.

And it was Jungkook we are talking about, the strongest, bravest and toughest person he's met, so seeing him so drained was quite a shock to him.

The Jungkook that used to embrace him and Taehyung would let himself fall into his arms, the Jungkook that would not question eveytime he cried and just console him silently, the Jungkook who was ever so optimistic, it was almost unbelievable, The Jungkook was having it so hard.

Even the strongest has their weaknesses.

Even the bravest of all are afraid of something.

Even the toughest tends to waver once in a while.

There, just minutes ago, when Taehyung saw Jungkook on the verge of tears, he couldn't help it. He couldn't just leave him crying in his own when he never did that to him. Jungkook was always around and he wanted to do the same for him.

It was his turn to return the favour.

Taehyung is sure Jungkook would take a while to become used to him being around but he have to wait for that. He is ready to wait for his friend to come back to him, it doesn't really matter how long it takes.

He'd be waiting for the day they both can laugh without any reason, take long walks along the river bank, watching the sun drown in a distance. He'll wait to have long, late night conversations. He's ready to wait for it all.

Leaned against the counter and tried to sort out his thoughts that were all over the place at the moment.

After contemplating for quite a while, he decided to make Jungkook soup. It was so random, Taehyung knew that but Jungkook might not have eaten something and he needed an excuse too anyway. To justify him walking out after hugging the other to death.

The black haired male started moving round the kitchen, wanting to get a hold of the ingredients to make soul. He opted for a simple chicken soup.

Taehyung went to open the refrigerator, grabbing the chicken breast and then bent down to find some onions and garlics that would go with the chicken in making stock.