- fifty six -

Aria Rowen

I walked onto the deck connected to the second floor, my skin immediately being hit by the cold spring air.

Even though we'd already been here for several days, I'd never bothered to come out here. Part of the deck was lined with patio furniture, a fire pit in the center.

The pool took up half of the balcony and would probably fit about twenty people. I could see the steam rising from the surface of the water, creating a warm atmosphere the closer you got to it.

For a powerful pureblood family, the Parkinsons seemed to be very open to the idea of muggle appliances and customs.

"Aria!" Pansy gave an excited laugh as soon as she saw me, making everyone else turn to look in my direction. She was always happy whenever I was around, probably because she hadn't had any girls to hang out with before I began dating Draco.

I smiled back, making eye contact with Draco who was seated on the opposite side of the pool, taking a sip of firewhiskey from a glass as Blaise talked to him from where he and Dylan were sitting.

I stepped into the heated pool, feeling the warmth cover my legs as I went about waist deep to get to Draco. I'd barely reached him before he pulled me down to sit next to him, his hand running along my thigh beneath the water.

The warmth was soothing to my muscles, helping my body to relax against the wall of the pool. The peacefulness helped me to forget about my so-called 'parents', school, and what I would do once I graduated— wait. What was I going to do once I'd graduated.

"Draco?" I whispered his name, turning on the stone bench of the pool to face him.

He raised his eyebrows, a signal for me to continue with my question.

"What are you going to do... after Hogwarts?" My voice was filled with concern, and I knew that he could tell that as well.

He was silent for a moment, the only noise around us being the small splashed of water and the mumbling voices of the others as they privately conversed with one another. "I don't know yet, though I doubt anyone wants to hire me."

I send him a confused look, frowning slightly.

He sighed and brought his arm above the water, holding it out for me to briefly see the dark mark that was once a jet black tainted upon his skin. Now it was his reputation... all put into a scar.

I tended to forget that Draco was once— and still is considered a bad person by most people. His parents being death eaters as well definitely didn't help him. I guess I'd just gotten to know a personal side of him that he had yet to lend out to anyone else.

"I have enough funds to keep me going for a dozen lifetimes... so technically I'll never have to work if I don't want to," He gave a small chuckle and leaned back against the wall. Always bringing up his fortune. "What about you?"

"Um, I don't know yet," I began to regret starting up a conversation about our futures because I had no idea what I was going to do with mine.

"I have an idea."

I turned back to look at him. "What could you possibly come up w—"

"Listen to me, got it?"

I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"What if..." His voice faded and I felt him place his hand on my thigh.

"When you graduate..." His fingertips lightly trailed over my skin, and he moved his head closer so that his lips brushed against the top of my ear.

"You move in with me...?" His hand slipped closer to the inside of my thigh, as he finally kissed the soft skin on my neck.

I slightly tilted my head back, glancing around at the others. Theo and Blaise were busy splashing water at each other from across the pool as Pansy and Dylan sat on the edge of the deck, their legs dangling into the water. Luke was lying back in a chair, which was rather odd considering that it was quite cold out here. Cecile was bundled in her towel, cursing something under her breath about Blaise and Theo getting her hair wet.

They were all simply too distracted to pay any attention to us.

"Eyes on me," Draco's hand came to the side of my face opposite from where he was sitting, tilting my head back to look at him. His hand ran down my cheek, reaching my mouth where he placed his thumb against my lower lip and slightly pulled it down.

I wanted to lean forward and kiss him right now, but that wouldn't exactly be appropriate given our current state and location. Hell, I'd practically forgotten about the whole ordeal with my parents, that was how good Draco was at distracting me.

His hand slid up and down my leg, sending chills across the surface of my leg despite the heated water that surrounded us. "Draco—" I whispered his name, but it didn't bring his attention towards me.

He leaned back against the wall of the pool, trying to look as normal as possible while his fingertips continued to trace patterns on my inner thigh.

I didn't care that we were in front of all these people. I longed for his touch and couldn't stand the teasing. "Draco..." I repeated his name again to get his attention.

"Hm?" He glanced down at me, a small smirk forming on his lips.

I sent him a look that probably seemed needy and pathetic, but I was growing impatient.

"If you're good and do what I say..." He looked around, doing the same thing I'd just done by making sure that the others were preoccupied. "...then I might just fuck you later."

I could feel my face turning a bright shade of pink as I became flustered, but I hoped if anyone saw it they would think it was just from the heat rising from the surface of the water.

The time went by ever so slowly, but it couldn't have been more than fifteen minutes before the others began preparing to leave the deck and hurry back into the house, trying to let the cold hit their skin for no more than a minute.

"Do you two mind straightening things up a bit before you come back in?" Pansy called to the two of us from the door.

Draco gave a nod. "Sure, we'll probably be back inside in a few minutes..."

Yeah, no. A few minutes? That was a lie...

-

-

-

A/N- IM STARTING A NEW FF SO GO CHECK OUT THE INTRO AND ILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!
*yes there will be plenty of smut bc ik yall too well*

A/N- IM STARTING A NEW FF SO GO CHECK OUT THE INTRO AND ILL LOVE YOU FOREVER! *yes there will be plenty of smut bc ik yall too well*