EPILOGUE

~|~ EPILOGUE ~|~

It began with two eyes that met another's, the souls were there, you could see them waving in the windows of each and yet, there was something that would not fit. It took a rejection, pain, fear, love and death to see that it could never fit.

Not for one.

Or two.

Or even three.

I tore apart worlds, faking my death was a necessary action against what I was going to be cornered into, if I didn't move from the threatening position. Martin made me his Queen and with the nanobots I had inserted into his system, I could puppeteer him into doing better, into refraining pain and turning it into something good. Removing the urge to hit and beat around, to making him calm, collected and above all—sane. Something he hadn't been since the rejection, since I'd met him.

Then, came the second, Elias Cardinal. Someone I had known only as a professor, but yet another coward in my life. An elder with elemental abilities, someone who should've protected me when he did the opposite. He gave the scum of all advice, even while knowing who I was to his soul.

Alastair Fawn, an ice king with a vendetta against Darkling. Someone who would sacrifice his own mate: me, for revenge against the lycanthrope who took the life of his brother. He would throw me to the wolves if it meant one more molecule to breathe without the agony of his brother's death as a reminder of his ever growing failures. Now, I wonder if he'll regret mine.

Faking my death was my resolution.

Athena had prepped me for what was to come. What I had to do to make sure this worked...

"His name is Creed Legion. The champion under his father, his father's father and so on. The leader of the Legion, apprentice under Rowan Argon, the vampiric ruler of the House of Shadows. Each elemental academy has a logo that represents them in front of the royal family in the annual games held each year in the time of exams. This team are the ones to avoid if you want to blend in with the world you make at this academy. No name is known outside of their realms, the human realm is not familiar, not to them. They do not even know of my own family. This would be a fresh start, a new beginning to everything, Celestine. So long as you make it so. The dragon riders of the Legions are lethal warriors to the crown and to societies at large, but they attend this school as vows to the throne, and to their purpose as riders of the fire breathers. They train students, ready them for the games and then future jobs for each one."

I stare at Athena as she tells the story of the Warriors that ride upon the mythical reptilian creatures that could breathe fire, burn down cities and ruin societies for this prestigious crown and delighted throne. Or thrones by the sound of plural games between princesses and princes at times of betrothal.

"What do you have against Creed Legion?" I ask her.

She looks at me.

"What do you have against Rowan Argon?" I ask her.

"He broke my heart."

"Which one?" I ask her, slowly. Creed or Rowan?

She looks at me, "Follow the map, make sure to be on that bus the same time as each other student. Celeste Caesar. You want to stay alive, the name dies. It's all in the file, and the information is in the drive I gave you. Memorise it and remember, no one can know your past. Not the principal, no the teachers, not the students or warriors. No one. You want to survive there, don't make a scene, you're to never back talk to anyone. Do as you're told, make introverted friends and learn how to be one. Your power must surface gradually and research is your best weapon. Not any physical weapon, you leave that to the combat trainers and students, and you aren't one of those, understand?"

~|~ THE END ~|~