vi.

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪

──────── •◦ ◦• ────────

The goblet of fire

Ophelia sat beside Celia in the corner of the great hall, they say on one of the stands in the hall with a great view over the goblet. Students were sat all over the hall waiting excitedly for the choosing. Ophelia had stopped crying a few hours earlier and was now sitting waiting for Dumbledore.

Celia knew better than to mention the incident and didn't want to bring up the subject again. They were both clad in their skirts that went just a little over their knees, white long-sleeved button-upped shirts, and knee-high black socks. Ophelia bailed on her black flats that were a part of the uniform and went with white sneakers instead. Their green ties hand loosely from the necks while Ophelia's shoulder-length hair fell loosely.

Newt sat on her shoulder while doing braids with a small part of her hair, Ophelia didn't mind him plying with her hair as he seemed to be enjoying it.

"Okay, who do you think will be chosen?" Celia asks Ophelia, Ophelia thinks for a moment.

"Well Victor Krum will definitely be chosen and I think Cedric would be a good choice" she shrugs, Celia looks at her with a known smile while nudging he shoulder.

"Cedric huh?" she says teasingly, Ophelia rolls her eyes at her friend.

"Oh please we haven't even talked once," she says while throwing her hands up.

"Love at first sight of course" Celia deadpans. Ophelia rolls her eyes while slapping her friend's arm. Even Newt nudges her a little giving her a teasing smile, Ophelia notices and groans loudly,

"Not you too Newt" she complains in a small whine, the bowtruckle smiles wider while once again going back to his braiding.

Ophelia was oblivious of the stare she got from a certain marauders who examined her every move, how she would roll her eyes several times every minute, and how she would unconsciously go with her hand thru her black hair, just like James do.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection" Dumbledore calls out, the hall goes quiet and all eyes turn to the headmaster, all except James whose eyes are kept on a certain student with black hair and hazel eyes.

All lights go out and only the flame of the goblet provides the room with light, Dumbeldor walks u to the goblet and it soon flames red, a piece of parchment flew out and Dumbledore catches it.

"The durmstarng champion is, Victor Krum" he calls out and the durmstrang students start cheering wildly while everyone claps their hands. Ophelia smirks,

"Shocker," she says sarcastically and Celia chuckles a bit. The fire turns red once again and a piece of paper appears,

"The champion from Beauxbatons is, Fleur Delacour" he calls, and cheers erupt, Celia and Ophelia clap a little not really caring. The last piece of parchment appears and Dumbledore catches it.

"The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory" he calls out. Loud cheers can be heard and Ophelia claps with a smile. Celia nudges her and wiggles her eyebrows, Ophelia stops clapping and clears her throat a little. Cedric exits the room and Dumbledore starts speaking while revealing the Triwizard cup.

The fire turns red once again and everyone goes quiet, Dumbledore walks up to it slowly. One last piece of paper gets thrown out, Dumbledore catches it, and mumbles the name a little.

"HARRY POTTER!" he then shouts. Ophelias eyes widen and she turns to the younger boy by the Gryffindor table, James eyes widen and he turns to find his son slowly standing up with a frightened look on his face. James stands up panicked,

"WHAT?! NO!" he calls out angry, Sirius calms him down a little and the three of them follow Harry to the chamber.

Ophelia watches with raised eyebrows as they walk out, she shares a confused glance with Celia who shrugs her shoulders.