20. Together At Last

Hey there folks!❤💫 I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! 🤗

Please do drop in your wonderful comments, it's a pleasure going through and answering them!🥺✌🏼❤

Now, without any further talk, let's dive straight in!

Enjoy🥀

_______________________________________

Hooriya's POV:

Five months later:

¨Mere toh dekh kar hi muh mein pani a raha hai, aur kitny derr hai? (My mouth is watering just looking at it, how much longer?)¨ I saw as an impatient Madiha groaned out loud and walked over to Ahsan, who was currently busy grilling chicken and meat for the BBQ party we were having.

¨Sabr meri not-so-pyaari behen, sabr. Tumhara ye kanjoos bhai nahi sun nei wala tumhari koi bhi baat, salay ko bus apni hi pari rehiti hai. Taste testing ke chakar me aadha ghost kah chuka hai already, (Patience my not-so-nice sister, patience. This stingy brother of yours isn't going to listen to you, the dude just cares about himself. He's already eaten half the meat in the name of taste testing)¨ Ahsan rolled his eyes at Bilal.

¨Oh please, no need to act like some saint. The whole reason we're so late with the food in the first place is because someone couldn't stop themselves from having "an early taste" and finished nearly half the chicken!¨ Bilal snorted, a clear indication of what was to come. And exactly one minute later, the two started bickering and throwing profanities at each other whilst everyone else just impatiently told them to shut up and hurry up with the BBQ.

I shook my head at their childish behavior.

Just when will they grow up?

I so badly wanted to laugh at their ridiculous antics, but a certain incident had me tongue-tied. My cheeks warmed up again as I recalled the embarrassing memory. Bilal hadn't properly talked to me for a whole month after that, not being able to look into my eyes. But that only lasted for so long. Soon enough, he was back to his normal self and even had the audacity to blackmail me into doing his bloody everything! I internally groaned at all the countless times he had ¨borrowed¨ my money and I couldn't say a single word against it. I was heavily drowned in my self-pity and jumped when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

¨Mubarak ho beta! Allah tumhe aage jakar aur bhi kamiabiyaan dey, (Congratulations child! May god bless you with more success in the future)¨ I turned around and passed Usman Uncle a bright smile as he gave me a side hug and kissed my forehead. My CSS results had just recently come out and I'd been accepted into the Lahore Civil Service Academy for the DMG group. Everyone had been ecstatic and had immediately demanded a celebration, hence the BBQ party that was currently being held at Usman Uncle's house.

¨Shukriya Uncle, (Thank you, Uncle)¨ He passed me a stern look and I immediately realised my blunder.

¨Mera matlab Shukriya Baba, (I mean, Thank you Baba)¨ His face immediately lightened up and he put his hand over my head as a sign of affection before heading over to Ahsan, who was getting an earful from a hungry and frustrated Madiha.

¨Madiha!¨ I looked up to find Khateeja Aunty coming towards the garden, looking like she was in a hurry. Madiha put a pause on her continuous insulting and passed her mother a questioning look.

¨Beta jao aur jaldi se apny bhai ko ye medicine de do, apne room mei hai wo, (Go and quickly give your brother this medicine, he's in his room)¨ I passed Khateeja Aunty a worried glance as soon as she finished talking. The last few months have been absolutely horrendous for the Shah men. It had taken them three months to find the man, and he had ended up being the very man in charge of investigating and finding the traitor! He had been working for Usman Uncle for way over a decade, and his betrayal had left him extremely heart-broken and shocked, which resulted in Suleiman having to do most of the damage control.