Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Apparently when you go on a road trip with an Original Vampire and your half-sister's boyfriend, you somehow find your way in Tennessee. I was sitting in a Motel room, starring at a TV that was half broken where the volume was stuck on mute.

If I knew this is where I'd be staying at, I would have stayed home and taken my chances up with Damon.

Stefan and Klaus left an hour ago, leaving me here with some food and a lot of booze.

The sound of the motel room's door opening made me turn and watch as Klaus walked in.

"Where's Stefan?"

"Taking care of something for me. We are near where I need to be."

"Which is?" I asked?

Klaus smirked, "If I told you, it would ruin the surprise. And look how much fun we're having."

I gave him a fake smile, "Ah yes, because the crappy motels and fast food is so memorable here."

A small chuckle left Klaus' lips as he poured himself a drink and sat on the edge of my bed.

"So, why didn't I know you were Elena's sister?"

"Half-sister. Same mom, different dad. Which is probable why you didn't know about me. I mean nothing to you."

"I wouldn't say that," Klaus said, making me stare at him in shock. He must have caught what he said because he cleared his throat and stood up, walking over and leaning on the TV stand. "I am sorry about your sister, if she wasn't part of breaking my curse I wouldn't have paid any attention to her."

Somehow, I bet that would be false.

A sigh left my lips, "My sister and me didn't get along. I wanted that to change before she handed herself over but she just can't let things go."

"And what is it that she holds?" Klaus asked.

The way he spoke, I loved it. It was so unique. I wanted to hand him one of my poems and hear his read it.

Shaking my head and coming back to reality, I leaned back on the bed frame, "It's nothing."

"I may surprise you. By all means," He waved his drink for me to continue.

A sigh left me before I looked down and played with the bed sheet.

"Two years ago, our parents died. I was a little drunk and some things happened and... I called my mom and Elena's dad to pick me up. I've lived with them for a while so they didn't waste a second. When we were on our way back, I was fighting with them and Elena's dad lost control and drove off the Mystic Falls bridge. I remember the water filling the car and my parents panicking. I had my window open enough that I could swim out. But before I could get help, I slipped and my head collided with a rock, knocking me out. I was in a coma for a month before I came too. During that time, I learned that Elena's dad and mom drowned. And my sister blames me for it all."

I looked up, meeting Klaus eyes like a magnet. The pain in his eyes as he starred at me made me almost tear up. But I sucked in a breath, continuing on and hoping to dip my toes into my questions.

"Since then, no vampire had been able to compel me or heal me. Except for you. The other night you compelled me to leave and I did even though I didn't want too. I don't know how or why, but you managed to do something no one has been able to do for a while."

Klaus opened his mouth to speak but the motel door opening again stopped him. Stefan walked in, blood covering his shirt and hands. My mouth parted in shock as I watched him grab some spare clothes and go into the bathroom.