Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Chicago, a trip down memory lane. Or that's how Niklaus put it. Apparently, he and Stefan have history in Chicago and Klaus wants to recall that. And there's a witch that can help him with his hybrid problem.

To me it was a pointless trip, but that was only because I knew why it wasn't working.

Klaus lead the way with Stefan and me behind him. The sign above the door said Gloria's Bar.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it Stefan?" Klaus asked, smirking as he turned to the vampire.

"I can't believe this place is still here."

A black women with a shaved blond hair walked in from the back. She stopped in her tracks at the sight of us. By the sound of her voice, she knew who they were. "You got to be kidding me."

Klaus smiles, laying his hand on the bar, "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..."

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny."

I couldn't help but smile slightly at her words. I already like her.

The woman looked at Stefan, nodding to him, "I remember you."

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

Klaus spoke up, "Gloria's a very powerful witch."

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." Her eyes looked to me, "Who's this?"

Putting his hand on my back, Klaus smiled, "This is Aislinn, a friend of mine."

Gloria looked me up and down before looking at Klaus, "You don't have human friends. None that are willing anyways."

"Oh, trust me, she's all willing. Stefan, why don't you fix us a drink from the bar. Rum and coke for Aislinn," Klaus said, and gestures for me to take a seat at the bar while Gloria and he sit at a table.

"Yeah, sure thing," Stefan says and walks around the bar, fixing a few drinks.

I spoke up, "You remember this place?"

"Yeah, it was my hangout spot. I loved this place, before I left Chicago." Stefan sets the drink in front of me and leans on the counter. "You should leave, head back to Mystic Falls."

A scuff left my lips, "How are you so sure I have a choice?"

"Because he'll listen to you," Stefan says and gestures to Klaus still talking to Gloria.

I rose the glass to my lips, taking a sip, "What makes you think I want to leave? There's nothing for me in Mystic Falls. I'm there and everyone hates me, including you."

Stefan let out a sigh, "I don't hate you Aislinn, I just-"

"Trust my sister's words over my own? Yeah, I've heard that before."

Turning around to grab some beers for Klaus and himself, Stefan stopped, looking at the wall before taking a picture down. "What is this?" Stefan asked, causing Klaus to look, smile, and stand.

"Well, I told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place."

My eyes looked at the photo, seeing an old photo of Stefan with his arm around Klaus's shoulders in the 1920s.

"But this is me, with you," Stefan states and Klaus nods.

"Right you are. And all will be revealed soon, but first we have to get my sister, Rebekah." Klaus put his hand on my back, looking at me, "Stay here, open a tab, and get some food. We'll be back soon." He looked at Gloria who was making her way around the bar, "I assume I can leave her well in your hands?"