Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Aislinn's POV

I lean my body against the cold wall, left over food that was given to me in the corner. A tray that Stefan used to give me the food was half bent from me throwing it at the wall so much.

Footsteps were heard, making me stand up and make my way to the cell bars. Stefan walked down the stairs, stepping to the side to reveal Damon.

"Damon. Thank God. Get me out of here, your brother's gone crazy."

"Well, as much as I have to agree to that statement, it seems you may be as of use after all."

My eyes squinted at him, "You can't be serious? I've been here for two days Damon! I don't know anything, so just let me out!" I yelled, pulling at the bars.

Damon turned to his brother, "Does she know where she is?"

"No, Bonnie put her to sleep. And it's been three days."

"Even better!" I yelled, tossing my hands up sarcastically and turning away from them. I returned to the bars, "Please, just let me out. I can't stay here."

A shrug came across Stefan, "Well, it seems pretty fitting. I mean you complained you're always alone, now you are."

"You're an asshole, Stefan! Let me out!" I yelled, yanking at the bars. I continued my yelling as Stefan grabbed Damon's shoulder and they walked back up the stairs. "Let me out! Let me out!"

Every part of me wanted to stake the Salvatore brothers, but as of this moment, that wasn't possible.

Another idea came to mind, one that I had distantly thought of before but didn't do it in case it went south.

I walked over to the bent tray, holding onto it tightly before swinging it against the bars. Either the tray would break and start my plan or the bars would and I'd get out.

After a few moments, the tray finally broke in half. Half of the tray slid across the floor onto the other side of the bars while the other half stayed in my hands. The half in my hands had a ragged edge, pointed and threatening any skin by it.

"Stefan! Stefan get your ass down here right now! Stefan!"

Grumbling mixed with footsteps is heard as Stefan descends the stairs and enters the room.

"What do you want now?" He stopped in his steps, his eyes watching the sharp metal being pointed at my wrist. "What are you doing?"

"What I have too. You're going to let me out of here, right now, or I'm going to cut my wrist. Klaus is the only one who can heal me, and I don't think he'll be too happy to hear that I'm dead laying in a pile of my own blood."

He scuffed, "Your bluffing."

"Really? You know me pretty well, Stefan. I want out of here, now!"

Suddenly, Stefan vamp-sped, opening the cell bars and stopping in front of me. He was grabbing my wrist with one hand tightly, preventing me from doing my actions. He used his other hand to snatch the metal tray out of mine before glaring at me.

"You can be free, when Klaus is dead."

"I won't be free, I'll be dead too."

Stefan looked me up and down, "In some places, that is freedom." He released me, pushing me roughly backwards before leaving with the lock of the cell.

I watched Stefan climb the stairs again, my anger now fading to disappointment and sadness. What was I going to do? I can't be here anymore.

My eyes glance around the room, trying to find anything that would help give me an idea. The small bed with a blanket and pillow on it was the only thing left untouched.

A distant idea, one that probable wouldn't work but was worth a try, came to mind.

With the angry fit I've had of throwing things at the wall, I managed to get a few nice chunks of it out. I grabbed my pillow, ripping it apart and laying the feathers in a pile next to the cement wall.

I recalled the years of survival movies I saw and prayed this would work. I used two of the pieces of cement, scrapping them together in hopes of getting a spark. About twenty minutes later, I managed to get a spark and a flame started on the pile of feathers.

Using my blanket, I managed to grow the fire to the point it was touching the bars and smoke was filling the air. The fire grew, seeming to bring a red glow to the wood ceiling above me.

Smoke filled my lungs, causing me to cough as I struggled to cover my mouth with my shirt.

Maybe this will get Stefan's attention.

It did. Stefan ran down the stairs, using his vamp-speed to grab me and carry me out of the cell, up the stairs, and out the door.

Finally, freedom.