𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞

The next day, Alice and Jasper went back to school, plus Nathaniel as he still wanted to teach French to students

The next day, Alice and Jasper went back to school, plus Nathaniel as he still wanted to teach French to students. Edward didn't go, instead spending time with his dear mate. Madelyn was in La Push, patrolling with Quil. Bella was pissed that her Edward wasn't at school today. He was supposed to drive her home and she swore that if he let her down, she would make him pay. While she was swearing under her breath, she didn't notice a girl in front of her and walked right into her, sending both on the ground.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't watch where I was going. Are you okay?" A girl smiled kindly at her, only for Bella to scoff.

"You should pay attention to your surrounding, you aren't the only one in the hallway you know," She spat, conceited. The brown-haired girl only raised an eyebrow.

"Wow, you don't need to be so bitchy about it," The girl rolled her eyes before walking away.

Bella was still mumbling against the girl who just ran into her, that she didn't notice the silver Volvo waiting for her

"Isabella," Edward said coldly, pointing out to the car. He opened the back door for her and it's only in that moment that she noticed the Volturi guard sitting in the front seat, playing on his phone carelessly.

"What is he doing here? You said you had to talk to me," Bella glared at the back of Luca's head.

"Yeah, I am talking to you, and he is going to listen to us. We are going to take a ride, I have a lot to tell you. But don't worry, you'll still be home at four. As you know, Isabella, this is Luca," She sent a disgust look at him. "Stop looking at him that way. As I was saying, this is Luca Volturi and he is my mate. I -," He tried to continue but Bella cut him off.

"WHAT?! No, that's not true! I am your mate, I am your girlfriend! You should spend eternity with me, not him!" She cried out, scandalised.

"He is my mate and there is nothing you can do to change it. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world," The lovely look Edward sent in Luca's way made the blood singer want to throw up. It should have been her, she should have all Edward's attention, all of the Cullen's attention. Hell, she even wanted the pack's attention on her. Not on Madelyn or on that boy who stole her chance for immortality.