004.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬THE SHADOW MONSTER

LOOK WHO'S INSIDE AGAIN by bo burnham❝well, well, look who's inside again

❝well, well, look who's inside again. went out to look for a reason to hide again.❞

        TIFFANY HEADED OVER TO the Byers' house and frankly, she didn't want to run into Jonathan, but she promised Joyce she'd be there. After awhile of her walking, Tiffany finally made it to Joyce's house and she knocked on the door. Joyce opened the door quickly and pulled Tiffany in. "What is with people and pulling my wrist today?"

Joyce sat her down on the couch. "Just watch...watch the lights."

Tiffany looked up at all of the Christmas lights that were absolutely everywhere. "Will. Tiffany's here. Can you show her what you showed me?"

The lights started blinking a little bit and Tiffany was a little concerned. Tiffany tried to think of a reasonable explanation. "Joyce, it's probably just the electricity."

"No! No! That's what Jonathan said! It's not the electricity! It's Will, just uh, just uh." Joyce got up and started looking around and she spotted a pile of lights. Joyce climbed into a little nook in the wall and Tiffany sat beside her. She held the pile of white lights in her hand and stared into them.

"Will...are you here?" The lights lit up momentarily and Tiffany was starting to believe it a bit. "Okay good, good, good. Are you...um...blink once for yes, twice for no. Can you do that for me sweetie? Can you do-"

The lights blinked once and Tiffany was very freaked out. "Baby, I need to know...are you alive?" The lights blinked once and they both smiled. Tiffany couldn't help it. She believed Joyce.

"Are you safe?" The lights blinked twice and Tiffany put a hand over her mouth. "I need to know where to find you, honey. Where...where are you? Can you...can you tell me where you are...can you...please baby, I need to find you. Tell me what to do." 

Tiffany then came up with a brilliant idea. "Joyce?"

"W-what?"

"Do you have paint?" She nodded and went to the closet to grab it. Tiffany looked at the wall and noticed the lights were set up perfectly. She used the black paint and started to paint the alphabet under each light. When she finished, Tiffany backed up and Joyce was a bit confused.

"Alright I don't know if this will work, but if it doesn't...I'm sorry for putting paint on your wall." Tiffany took a deep breath. "Alright Will, talk to me. Where are you?"

The lights started lighting up certain letters. Joyce now knew what was happening.

R I G H T   H E R E

"Right here?"

"What does- Holy shit." Tiffany realized.

"What? What is it honey?" Tiffany was shocked at what she just figured out. "I have these, uh...these dreams, well no, they're nightmares. Uh, wherever I fell asleep, I have that nightmare in the same place, but it's different and the last nightmare I saw, Will was there. I think if I fell asleep here, I would see Will."

Joyce looked at the lights. "Will...If Tiffany was in her nightmares, would you see her?"

The lights lit up letters again.

Y E S

They both gasped and Joyce started to freak out a bit. "I need you to tell us what to do. What should we do? How do we get to you? How do we find you? What should we do?"

While Joyce was freaking out, the lights spelt out, 'Run'. The lights started flickering violently and it scared them a little. They turned around since they heard a weird sound and the wall started shifting.

"Holy shit." A hand then broke through the wall and this tall, gray, slimey beast came out of the wall. It was the exact same monster that she heard on the phone and it was the exact same one in Tiffany's nightmares. Tiffany put her hands over her ears in fear and in hopes she wouldn't hear its horrifying scream.

"It's just a dream, it's just a dream, it's just a dream." Tiffany mumbled to herself.

Tiffany was backing up against the wall and Joyce tried to grab her arm to drag her out of the house. Tiffany couldn't take it. These things terrified her. She let out a blood curdling scream and the beast just disintegrated onto the floor. Tiffany was crying with her hands over her ears and Joyce gave her a big hug.

The ashes started to move by themselves and Joyce grabbed her arm and they ran out of the house. They ran down the street until Tiffany felt like she couldn't breath anymore. She was having a panic attack. They were in the middle of the road and Joyce put her hands on Tiffany's shoulders.

"Joyce...Joyce...I can't. It's here. It's here." Joyce embraced her in a hug and Tiffany cried into Joyce's shoulder. "It can't get you anymore. You killed it, it's okay."

A car then stopped in front of them and Jonathan got out of the car. Joyce stopped hugging Tiffany and looked at her. Tiffany's legs gave way and she slowly sat down on the floor. Tiffany brought her knees up to her chest and she hid her face. Tiffany just wanted to be hidden. Joyce kneeled down and rubbed her back.

"Honey, it can't get you. You're okay." Jonathan ran over and knelt down next to Tiffany.

"I can't breathe. I can't breathe." She grabbed Joyce and Jonathan's arms and they helped her up. Tiffany looked at Jonathan momentarily and let go of his arm. They brought her to Jonathan's car and they drove to her house. They helped Tiffany inside and her mom instantly ran over to her.

"Oh, what happened?! Honey, are you okay?!" Tiffany was staring at the wall and she tapped Joyce on the shoulder and started pointing at the wall. "It's not going to get you. It was at our house, not here. You'll be okay."

The other two were really confused, but Joyce was holding Tiffany's shoulders and reassuring that, that thing wasn't going to come out of the wall again.

.⭒✻◦                 ◦✻⭒.

It was the middle of the night and Tiffany finally fell asleep. She started to have one of her nightmares, but this one was different. She woke up in her nightmare and Tiffany was in her room. Everything looked the same and it was confusing her a bit. She walked out of her room and into the living room. Nothing was decayed or creepy. Tiffany opened her front door and looked outside. Everything looked fine. It was quiet and peaceful until...there was a huge noise that sounded like lightning and the sky lit up red. It scared her and wind started to blow in her face. There was this giant five legged shadow in the sky and it was even scarier than the beast.

It looked right at her and Tiffany felt like she was frozen in place. The shadow came down on her and swirled around her. It felt like she was stuck in a tornado. Tiffany let out a blood curdling scream once again and somehow Dustin heard her. He ran outside and found Tiffany on her knees with her hands over her ears and screaming. Tiffany woke up and she could feel Dustin's hands on her shoulder. She could still feel all the pain and somehow, she felt like she was never asleep in the first place.

◦✿◦⸺⸺⸺⸺◦✿◦

A/N

I don't have anything to say, so love yourself or Leonard will break into your house.

This is Leonard.🦆