Chapter 29: Memories

Kenji falls to the ground as more energy leaves his hands. Revenant readies himself on the other side.

"One last kick to your heart will finish you,"(Revenant)

Kenji quickly fights through the excruciating pain as he gets up. Kenji gets into a stance as he readies himself again. Revenant takes a step back as two shadows phase out of him.

He takes out Shadow Claw from his back as Kenji narrows his eyes. Revenant spins it around as he and the shadows charge forward. Kenji charges in as well.

Revenant quickly throws Shadow Claw to the shadow on Kenji's right as it catches it and swings at him. Kenji ducks down as the shadow throws it back to Revenant. Kenji then blocks an attack from the second shadow as it does a sidekick and knocks Kenji aside before he was kicked back by Revenant.

A shadow comes up to Kenji as it ducks under Kenji's punch before kicking Kenji's leg and jumping up and delivering a B-twist kick to Kenji's face. He is kicked into the ground as it cracks. Kenji quickly recovers as he gets into a handstand position before doing a scissors kick on both shadows coming from the sides. He then boosts himself off of the ground as he lands back.

Kenji looks back to see all three of them rushing at him. He quickly blocks a strike from one of the shadows to his left before blocking another strike to his right but he could not push them back as Revenant jumps forward and extends his legs out and performs a bicycle kick to Kenji and pushes him back.

He then pushes his leg up and steps on Kenji's face as he uses it to backflip away and land near his shadows. Kenji falls to the ground as he holds his stomach and groans in pain. Kenji slowly recovers as Revenant and his shadows stand by and watch.

"Do you really think you can save Remnant? If you cannot win against me, you can't win against her,"(Revenant)

"You know, *groan* you are really getting on my nerves,"(Kenji)

Kenji gets up as he cracks his fingers. Then he widens his eyes as he narrowly dodges Shadow Claw as Revenant throws it at him. Then from behind, a wormhole opens as Revenant pops out and catches the flying sickle as he uses it to hook Kenji into the wormhole with him. The wormhole then closes as they both disappear.

Kenji opens his eyes to find himself in pitch black. He looks around as he finds himself floating.

"What the-"(Kenji)

Then from the side he sees a face of a woman smiling at him. Kenji widens his eyes. Then from her mouth blood drips out of it.

"....Mother?"(Kenji)

His mother's image then disappears as a new image appears. A man comes out of the darkness as he holds a bloody knife. He had crazy eyes as he smiles and then laughs hysterically at Kenji.

Then another figure in a vest along with a hood on approaches from behind as it stabs three claws through the man's body. It rips out the claws as it stares at the dead man. The hooded man looks up as it reveals a golden skull mask and stares into Kenji's soul.

It holds a finger up to his mouth as it creates a silence sign. It then disappears as Kenji's mother appears again. She smiles at Kenji once again. Kenji then quickly turns around as he runs. He goes towards a small bright doorway. He quickly jumps through it as he hears a few final words.

"I love you, (Y/N)."(Mother)

Kenji lands on the ground as he slowly gets up. He blinks for a bit as he sees Revenant and his shadows standing before him. His eyes were watery as a few tears escaped his eyes. His heart was beating fast as adrenaline suddenly kicks in. He then feels a coursing pain through his eye as he places a hand over it.