23

"How are you feeling?" Jimin asks as he drives.
You squirm in the passenger's seat, smiling deliriously. "Mmmmm... wine...." you giggle.
Jimin rolls his eyes. "Right. Drunk. You're drunk."

He sighs, "You know, I've been best friends with Jungkook for awhile. He just says things that he doesn't mean when he's under pressure. Try not to let his behaviour affect the workplace, alright?" Jimin says.

You turn your head, pouting as you look to him, "Jiminieee." you whine. He chuckles at the nickname, "Yes?"
"I like Jungkook." you continue pouting, clueless to the information you're giving Jimin under the influence of alcohol.

Unsure if he should pry and get more insight or end the conversation right here and pretend it never happened, Jimin stutters, "O-Oh..."
"I reallyweallyreally like him. Like I really really—."
"I got it, y/n... but you know you're not allowed to date him, right?"

Your eyes widen, realizing you've just exposed yourself to Jimin after this reminder. "Yesss, I know. Please don't tell anyoneee Jiminieeee." you continue to whine, slurring your words. Jimin lets out a long and low sigh, accepting his defeat. "Fine. I won't tell."
"Pinky promise?"
"I'm driving—."
"Pinky promise." You demand.

Jimin deeply admires this new found friendship you've built together while working in the diner. There have been times when you went to Jimin for help or he's found you when you needed it most. Overall, you've built a fun bond and Jimin doesn't want to lose that now. Plus, he only thinks that you like Jungkook, he doesn't know that the feeling is mutual.

Pulling up to a red light, Jimin looks to you, lifting his pinky. "I promise I won't tell anyone."
"Your pinky is so tiny!!" you giggle. Jimin quickly wraps his finger around yours, getting the humiliation over with.

Jimin walks you to your front door, holding you up as you stumble. He rings the doorbell.
"What are you doing?!" you shake Jimin's arm as you grasp onto it. He simply smiles at you in response, "Don't worry, darling."

The door swings open, "Hello?" Will stands at your doorway, eating chocolates. Jimin's eyes immediately light up at the sight of your brother and he lets go of you. Jimin runs a hand through his hair. "Hello." he purrs, smiling easily with charm at your older brother. You roll your eyes, elbowing Jimin.
"She's very drunk." he says as he helps you step into your house.
"Thanks for the drive, Jimin." you say, closing the door on him. "Wait—-." slam.

Will laughs, "I think your boyfriend is into me more than he's into you."
"He's not my boyfriend." you groan, sitting yourself down on the nearest chair.
"Someone dropped off chocolates and a note by the way. Or, they were delivered to our door. Dad and I got into them, sorry not sorry." Will says. He walks over to you and hands you the basket that holds the half-eaten gold box of sweets. "Thanks.." you say, your eyes scanning all of the empty slots.

Dark chocolate, vanilla cream, pecan delights, cashew clusters, white chocolate truffles, milk chocolate toffees and...
"Oh, I ate all of the strawberry creams, by the way."
"Damn it, Will!"

Your gaze softens when you find a card inside the basket.

"dear y/n,

I'm typing this into my phone from the restaurant table, ordering this to be delivered to your house as soon as possible. You left the restaurant so quickly and I wasn't sure of what to do. I didn't want to make matters worse so I just let you go home. I really hope you get this as soon as possible. Maybe text me when you see this?

Y/N, I need to talk to you about why I was so harsh, but I'd rather do that in person, whenever you're ready.

Please just know I never meant any of what I said. I really care about you. I hope you like the chocolates, though they'll never taste as divine as you looked today.

Mr.Jeon

I'm kidding.

Jungkook"

You squint at the letter, holding it close to your face. You shrug, throwing it back in the basket.

I'll re-read that when I'm not drunk.

You continue giggling as you eat the chocolates.

——

You throw your bag over your shoulder, waving to Namjoon as you leave the diner. "See you in five hours!" you smile. He smiles back, "Bye, y/n!" he calls out.

The door chimes as you exit to the parking lot. Just as you think you've successfully escaped without any interactions with him, a hand on your shoulder stops you right outside the café. "Please, it's been a week since the group dinner. We need to talk."

You close your eyes, taking a deep breath.

"It's officially my break time, Mr.Jeon.. I'd prefer if you didn't interfere with it." you say, turning to face Jungkook. "Y/N, come on. No one can hear us. We're outside the door." Jungkook says. You sigh, turning to face him.
"What time does your break start?" you ask.
"In an hour." Jungkook fidgets with the rings on his fingers, nervously biting his lip.
"Let's talk then. Can you meet me at my house?" you ask. "Of course." Jungkook replies. You nod with a thin lipped smile, turning to leave again.

"I read that card that he delivered to our house.. I have to be honest, it sounded genuine. And those chocolates were damn good." Your dad says, sitting across from you at the kitchen table. "Listen, I've only met him once and although that first impression was horrible, once he got up and introduced himself.. Jungkook seemed like a real gentleman. Give him a fair chance. Let him explain himself." your dad says.

"Everything Jungkook said felt too real. I mean, not much is at stake except for his dignity.. we're simply breaking the rules. That's all." you say.
"Maybe Jungkook knows more than you do. He is the head chef. Come on, y/n. Don't let your stubborn mindset self-sabotage this relationship. Didn't you mention becoming official?" your dad asks. You nod, smiling at the thought. "Yeah. We're supposed to be boyfriend and girlfriend."

The doorbell sounds at the front of the house and you stand up from your seat with a sigh."That's my cue."
"Remember, if he actually turns out to be a jerk—."
"You'll beat his ass. I know, dad. Thanks." you say, hugging him before heading over to get the door.

Jungkook stands on your porch, nervously swaying, "Are you ready to go?" he smiles gently. He had changed out of his work clothes and into casual clothes. Sweatpants and a t-shirt, your weakness.
You nod.